Monark knee action?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got this last week hoping to use it in a build, Monark maybe ? however the threaded tube is a good half inch longer than the one that's on the project bike.Also the notch that receives the keeper washer on top of the threaded tube is missing and looks like the threaded tube has been shortened,because its crooked.This fork did not come with the top nut and washers anybody have any pictures or thoughts.Can the threaded tube be removed if it's been butchered or is it pressed in?
DSC_1689_zps4c252035.jpg
DSC_1690_zps651e8e58.jpg

I may be way off here, but... It looks to me like that is a springer off a girls bike. The steering tube and upper fork legs are longer because of the longer girls head tube. Then, someone decided to cut down the steering tube so they could put the fork on a boys bike. They cut the tube an rethreaded it (or maybe they just put a boys steering tube on it) but forgot that the fork legs are still too long for it to work on a boys bike. So there it sits, won't work on a girls or boys now without some clever modifications or a replacement girls steering tube. Gary

I may be way off here, but... It looks to me like that is a springer off a girls bike. The steering tube and upper fork legs are longer because of the longer girls head tube. Then, someone decided to cut down the steering tube so they could put the fork on a boys bike. They cut the tube an rethreaded it (or maybe they just put a boys steering tube on it) but forgot that the fork legs are still too long for it to work on a boys bike. So there it sits, won't work on a girls or boys now without some clever modifications or a replacement girls steering tube. Gary
You may have nailed it,maybe I can find someone with the proper length tube then trade the whole thing off for a boys fork.

As I mentioned in your other post,The fork legs looked home made. Now seeing them closer....(and looking back at your other post)They are one hundred percent home made. The top of those legs is actually the bottom of a chrome fork. Note where its bolted,you can see the fender strut bolt holes.
-Kreep-

You may have nailed it,maybe I can find someone with the proper length tube then trade the whole thing off for a boys fork.
These old bike parts are like a box of chocolates you never know what you'll get .Oh well get burned you learn,I'll use the springer part on something anyway ,the forks too maybe to extend front forks or mailbox post LOL

Back