Monark Deluxe??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The serial number is: Model 4400 Serial number A1071115 Year and Model??

I'm no Monark expert but the early post war frames attached the rear fender braces to the axle and the rear of the chainguard was clamped to the lower stay. Sometime in the late 40's or early 50's the frames came out like yours...ears on the frame to attach the fender braces. The guard was attached to the seat stay with a screw instead of the clamp.

Whatever year it it, it's a cool bike. 8) Hope you got it! Gary

Bump..little help???

The serial actually starts with A1, which I believe doesn't "count". So, using 711215 as the serial would be a 1950 number, and seems to match the bike's features. -Adam

Thanks for moving me in a positive direction..

OK Monark gurus....I'm still not having any luck identifying year and Model of this baby. I've got another one for you, but will wait until I figure this one out.....I know someone is out there who can look at the pics, and say "Oh, that Monark is a _______, made in _________." I'm counting on you....

My apes will go on my slow and low burrito (when I build it). This Monark will be kept pretty much as you see it...

Yeah, I got some great pictures in natural light and can read the "Super Deluxe" underneath the blue house paint (blue looks like the color Monark used...I've got another blue and cream Monark...the paint on that one looks original and the blues from both bikes match.

Latest posts

Back