monarch find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A guy ran this on c/l for $50 seemed worth it to me . Its probably a 40's or 50's monarch . He said it was a silver king . Ah but its good for parts.

monark001.jpg

monark002.jpg

Kind of interesting how they mounted the basket on the front arms of the springer.

Maybe they liked to watch it go up and down as they ran over bumps.

Nice find, though. I actually like the baby blue on it. Just needs some white scollops or pinstriping or something. Oh, and maybe some acetone to remove the blue overspray from the tires! :lol:

Oh, that front tire is kind of cool too - maybe hard rubber or even tubless since it doesn't have a valve stem. Nice touch. :lol:

Wow...that is a cool parts bike...especially for only $50.

Wonder what color is under that house paint?

Maybe you could do some cutting and welding and turn it into a man's bike.

The friend that got my dx in the last deal called and said a friend probably wanted it and i said $175 and im pretty sure he is going to buy it . ...love a quick turn. :lol:

Wow! I already saw this on the builds thread, but what a steal! Ya hardly ever see a Monark springer alone go for less than $60!!! Much less a complete bike! ~Adam

fast eddie said:
id take the basket off but leave the rest in tact, its a monarch man!
fast eddie outty
oooppps a little too late. its already going through its transgender swap. :D Should be finished in the next couple days.

Latest posts

Back