Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 6/21

fordsnake said:
char said:
Looks awesome dude! Nice work. :mrgreen:
Thanks, that's truly an appreciative compliment coming from a skilled faux painter such as yourself :wink:

fordsnake said:
ruddigger said:
I like it all, but the chain guard needs to be crazy too!
You're so right...I saw that this am after marinating on it. I'm digging the Spaceliner chain guard on Kingfish's build...I'll make a few drawings of it and see.

That's some cool stuff you are coming up with there. Sort of a HGWells Space Age Steam Punk build.

Thanks for the props on my FlexLiner 7 chainguard. Can't wait to see what guard you come up with!!

raggedjim said:
Hey Snake, are the rear skirt guards an oem part or will you have to fabricate them? I like the design, you definately have a good eye.

Rg
Thanks, I picked up the skirts off eBay last week and have not receive them yet but I'm sure I'm going to have to do some fabrication since they're Western Flyer's and the frame is a Rollfast.

fordsnake said:
raggedjim said:
Hey Snake, are the rear skirt guards an oem part or will you have to fabricate them? I like the design, you definately have a good eye.

Rg
Thanks, I picked up the skirts off eBay last week and have not receive them yet but I'm sure I'm going to have to do some fabrication since they're Western Flyer's and the frame is a Rollfast.

Thanks, they will be awesome! Rg

fordsnake said:
raggedjim said:

Rg

Well of course you'll have to fauxbricate.. Isn't that what this build is all about?! BTW, your rendering is super cool!!

Critter1 said:
fordsnake said:
raggedjim said:

Rg

Well of course you'll have to fauxbricate.. Isn't that what this build is all about?! BTW, your rendering is super cool!!

Fauxbricate? I like that! I'll remember that name faux another build.

char said:
Looking forward to seeing the fender skirts dude. It will look awesome!
Keep up the great work. :)

You and I both are looking forward to seeing those fender skirts...I was hoping they would have arrived by now? I'm out of town starting tomorrow for 10 days on a business trip. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll be here when I return...not much time left on this build. The good news is that I'll have internet access so I can check in on you guys :lol:

I started today on one side of the tank and I also painted the frame, both are sans the faux effect (that'll have to wait until I'm back). But I'm liking the look of it so far.

d3434743.jpg

9e69c9db.jpg

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux 6/23

Man, I love that tank . paint, and lights!!!
Bravo!! or should that Bravaux!!! Way to Gaux Braux!!!

Critter1 said:
That tank half is awesome! I love that look.. very mechanical looking with the faux brass and bolt heads.
Thanks, that's what I was going for...right now it looks like new money, all shiny and sparkling...It needs to be aged to give it texture and character,

Walker said:
Looks great, awesome work on the lighted tank so far.. I like that stencil paint work on that tank as well.
Thanks, but there's no stencil work yet...but it's coming!…

Circa Cycles said:
Sweet :!:
ruddigger said:
This is cooler than the first one.
Peatbog said:
Sweet. You blazed it with that tank!
kingfish254 said:
Man, I love that tank . paint, and lights!!!
Bravo!! or should that Bravaux!!! Way to Gaux Braux!!!
Thanks guys, it took me minute to find the right color combination,,,initially i was going to paint the rivets to match the tank, but after seeing the unpainted rivets on the tank, I thought they nicely complimented the chrome light.

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux

Well, I'm finally back home after being away for a week. I have a lot on my plate and I'm on a short time line...with tomorrow's holiday, my wedding anniversary on Saturday and my birthday on Sunday! I'm really hoping I can squeeze some time in to work on the bike without major interruptions...a guy can dream can't he? :wink:

Re: Mofo / Update on MoFaux

Congrats! A guy can dream...faux sure! :wink: GTB!! Peace

Back