Modern take on the rat rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By no means is this as cool as some of the bikes on here, but I do feel like it's my own version of a modern rat rod!

I've modified almost every piece on it thus far and have a few more things yet to do! I hope you enjoy it! I am looking at some frames this week for a winter project to make a REAL rat rod. I am so excited! But for now....I give you "WhiteOut"

765342128_8e998b86f6_o.jpg
In stock form....
1521414384_a8800c35e1_o.jpg
In current form!....
1521414408_fdb26847b0_o.jpg

Thanks to all my friends who've helped make this possible, friends in the bicycling community are indeed the best! Thanks for looking guys and gals!

Oh by the way....
765342116_676375be65_o.gif

They are clear coated over. Maybe next spring I am going to get it powdercoated white and call it a day.

Thats a nice fixie, right along the lakeshore path, right?
I dig the new fork. Been curious, whats with the cover on the top tube, ive seen them on a few similar rigs...

Yes, right by Navy Pier! The fork is actually the same fork that came on it, I just stripped the paint and it was fully chrome underneath, thanks schwinn! :) The top tube for me serves a few purposes, but mainly it protects the top tube against the hard and ugly bike racks that notoriously scratch your bike. I dont mind it getting some street wear at all, scratches and what not, I ride this girl every day, but it just helps prevent nasty ones. Plus its great for when I have to carry it upstairs, it pads the shoulder, and its an opportunity to customize it a little bit. My good friend who makes custom messenger bags and other bike items http://www.chicagowig.com made it for me. He also made me a hip pouch for my birthday lined with the same fabric. I love bike friends!

Back