model?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the noob questions when it comes to bike ID, but can anyone tell me what this is? Year? Value?
1_zpsf3470138.jpg

2_zps632a1dfb.jpg

3_zps2e059d8a.jpg

Yes, a nice Ross made bike, sold by Coast to Coast dept stores. Check the serial number, it should start with an "R", then numbers. I think the first number will be the second digit of the year, i.e. R7 will mean it's a 67 model. Also, can ytou make out a name on the chain guard? I remember seeing a few Coast King Rivieras years ago.

This is posted for sale. They are asking $200. It doesn't seem a terrible price as it looks pretty complete, but I don't really know what it's worth

250-300 is what I would give for a nice shiny complete middleweight bike. One like in your pic I would try to get for 75-150. The one your asking about looks like it would shine up pretty good too but it would take some work.

The bike I posted a pic of was bought for 150 by the way, sometimes you get lucky ... Other times you have to pay :lol:

Good luck!

Wildcat said:
Yes, a nice Ross made bike, sold by Coast to Coast dept stores. Check the serial number, it should start with an "R", then numbers. I think the first number will be the second digit of the year, i.e. R7 will mean it's a 67 model. Also, can ytou make out a name on the chain guard? I remember seeing a few Coast King Rivieras years ago.

From what I've seen, the first two numbers are the year, so R67 would be a '67. -Adam

Back