Model C Schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I fell in love with the model C Schwinn's awhile back. Made it my mission to find one. After meeting another local collector, he showed me the 2 he had. After a year of thinking about them and other hobbies getting in the way, I decided it was time to make a move. A couple weeks back I bought a ladies parts bike in anticipation of buying one of his C models.

Parts bike, prewar Fleet badged Schwinn.

I figured I would just buy the rougher of the 2 he had and make a cool cruiser out of it since it wasn't complete and the other he had was in his 'keep' collection.

1936 B.F. Goodrich badged. Very cool project that has me really excited! I've been wanting to build a Bomber for years, but just couldn't find the 'right' bike to start with. So this one is going to be a bomber.
Please excuse the neck as this was the only one I felt comfortable bending to fit while I search for the right neck. A longer seat post is in the mail, I'm 6'3"... And a brooks saddle is in the future. The pedals were welded to the crank so I had to cut it off :cry:. The chain from the parts bike was too short to use the sweetheart.

While we were making the deal for he rough one, he says so you want this other too? Made me an offer I could not refuse.
Meet the Admiral, hanging tank C model:

This one is just getting a clean up, source the missing parts and ride the wheels off it.

All in all a pretty good weekend! This only makes 6 bikes now that need completed by spring.....

Thanks guys. I've got a saddle coming for the Admiral, next thing is trying to pry the correct style fender light from the previous owners hands and decide on tires when I start cleaning it up. Had a thought about blue tires, but leaning either white or red. I like tires to stand out, but not be out of place.

Back