Micargi stretch bike head tube problems

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a stretch limo cruiser build with a micargi mustang frame. I am starting to run into an issue with the head tube. I cannot fit the 1" bearing cups into the head tube. I've tried easing it in, greasing it up, and finally beating the crap out of it with a rubber mallett. The head tube is to small to fit the 1" headset hardware. Any advice?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Which headset are you using? Sounds like you got an old school one with >32.5mm cups, and you probably want a JIS (30.0mm cups) or at least an ISO (30.2mm cups) sized headset.

Thanks I'll swing by by neighborhood bike store. And look for a 30.0 mm Jis headset

Try to figure out what size crown race your fork takes, and choose your headst accordingly. Most JIS headsets ship with a 27.0 crown race; some forks take the 27.0 but others require a 26.4....

I have a monarch springer fork I've been rehabbing, I'll check to see if that'll fit.

i had nothing but problems with the same bike. had to make shims for the seat post and the head tube was to long to fit most forks.

That was my Devil bike cause it was so
hard to build with my spares.Everything
piece was the wrong size.
But when it was done,5speed,24 wwl tires
and 32" ape hangers it was a Cool rider.
I miss it now...Stevil

Back