Met another Rat Rod Biker Today...(Now with Pics!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACD

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny how you can know someone a long time and not really know them... :D I've been friends with the guys at the local Midas for years now. They do a lot of work on my companies vans. Today I stopped in just to visit and saw a 10-spd rear wheel on a shelf. I jokingly said "you guys fixing bikes now?" The boss said "you haven't seen Chuck's Bike?" So Chuck proceeds to take me around back and there is this old Schwinn tandem with a 20" rear wheel, 26" front, extended forks..(poorly LOL) dropped seat all painted flat black with red rims. Strangest of all was a can of Brake Clean suspended from the top tube with a hose going from the nozzle to the rear crank hub (which is empty save for a black piece of cloth. "What the heck is that?" I asked. Chuck proceeds to show me. He gives a squirt of the Brake clean and lights the hub off with a sparker. Then he proceeds to ride the now burning bike around the parking lot. As he rides he gives another squirt and the bike is leaving a "flaming trail" behind it as he rides around. The flame on the ground burns for about 15 seconds making for some crazy looking fire trails all over the place. I'm not sure if this is one of the funkiest tricks I've seen a bike do or the next candidate for a Darwin award but it turns out Chuck is a Rat Rod Biker from way back. He had a small album of all the bikes he's built (mostly tandems) and many blew me away. There was a white one with blue flames, whitewalls, blue rims that was incredible. Alas Chuck is in a financially tough spot in his life and lives way out in the sticks so he has no internet access. I hope someday I can get him to come by the office and visit this site. I'd like to try to scan his pics and post them too.

I guess I need to look around more, there may be more closet Rat Rodders hiding around here.

That bike sounds pretty wild! I can see it now, "here, hold my beer and watch this..." psssssssst BOOM! :shock: :lol:

Dennis

Okkkkkkay, im going to try and make somthing that shoots flames on my bike! ahahaha

ricksterr1221 said:
Okkkkkkay, im going to try and make somthing that shoots flames on my bike! ahahaha

I'll add your neighbors to my prayer list.

careful Ricky

Dennis

Lol my neighbors around me love me, Its the old bitty down the street. Ill be out in MY Front yard and she'll tell me to go in the house, I tell her.. well i wont say it. But yeah.

ricksterr1221 said:
Lol my neighbors around me love me, Its the old bitty down the street. Ill be out in MY Front yard and she'll tell me to go in the house, I tell her.. well i wont say it. But yeah.
lol i srsly laughed when i herd that. the flame idea will have me thinking tonight. most of my ideas come to me in my sleep. 8)

Dude me too right before i fall asleep i think about stuff. I have 2 get up and write them down.

Seriously guys...

reread ACD's post
I'm not sure if this is one of the funkiest tricks I've seen a bike do or the next candidate for a Darwin award

Teenagers on flame throwing bikes is a really bad idea. :!: :roll:
You don't wanna be pulling aerosol can shrapnel out of your hides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlx7n4YMj7k

Dennis

Now with pics! Seriously you younger guys don't screw around with this ... third degree burns and shrapnel injuries are bad!! In order of appearance his flaming rat. His tandems. His Apple Crate. And some nice ladies bikes he restored to original and sold. All nice bikes. I took pictures of his pictures so the qualityis poor.

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Aaron

thank for goin the extra mile ACD, those need to be seen !!! those tandems are fantastic !!! and the ratandem looks better than you described, definately a cool guy bike wise !!!

Cool looking frame on that bike. I really like the other 2 tandems he fixed up. Somebody should do up a twin whizzer engined tandem boardracker. :lol:

Dennis

Hey, great pix & thanks for posting them. All sweet bikes. I've seen one other tandem turned "stretch" but no flame thrower though! The two cruiser tandems are the nicest I've seen, including mine! I wonder if one of his cars throws flames with a spark plug mounted in the tail pipe? Mike

No flaming car but he want's to build a Rat Rod that does. I have a lead on a really rough 26 Model T Coupe Body I'm trying to get a start for him. His daily car is a Mazda 323 HatchBack painted flat black. He actualy can get a Tandem Bike in it with the Hatch closed. Don't ask me how!

He's kinda unique he likes Tuner Cars and Rats. His last Tuner was an RX-7 with Charcoal grey Metalflake with red rims. He intends to build a T or A Rat Rod with Tuner attributes. He has some neat ideas but I'm sworn to secrecy as many of them we have yet to see done. I hope he can pull it off.

Back