Mercury Boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Starting a new project. Here it is in initial mock up. Prewar 1938 or 1939 Murray Built Mercury frame with Shelby internal springer. The wheels are just for mock up.....I'll be using painted 24" S2's with a skiptooth hub of some sort laced in.
IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

This should be a nice build. Tell us more about the internal springer fork. That frame looks alot like my Elgin frame.

man,that`s a beautiful frame! :mrgreen: already looks like a racer. i`d paint the wheels black,throw a black seat on it, chain it up and call it done! :D

Those forks are call shockeas forks they have a rubber snubber and spring in the head tube. that rests on a pad where it pivits in the middle. also has a 2 peice truss rod.

The right tires and the right stance will bring anything to life. Looks great. Can't wait to see it finished.

hope you dont plan to paint it!! :D oh and what size wheels are those thick bricks on? i want to get some thick bricks on one of my bikes.

mike is "da man" he is a very tallented builder and a good friend. hey mike did you ever post pics of your truck on here before? i love that thing

Oh wow! that is classy! I actually REALLY like those tires and rims- sweet! :D The paint job is great too, aged but solid. Sweet combination!

Man I am with everyone else... That thing is beautiful .... That is a great frame and as a pile of parts its stunning.... Id leave it and be dang proud of it

Thanks for the comments. I thought about leaving the paint as is on the frame, and if it was original paint I would not touch it, but it will get blasted and painted. The thick bricks are on 24 x 2.125 wheels. The spring for the fork is inside the steering tube...I'll get some pics of it when I take it apart for blasting.

Back