Mens Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy has a pair of these on CL what are they,, Walmart stuff?
f426821920d7efff4dc0d55d4348ed00.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Cruisin' usa I see lots I bikes like this at the beach... Find some cool forks and parts off some... Looks like can build a cool BMX/strand with little effort.

Cant find any reference to a Crusin' USA bike anywhere. He wants 15 each for a matching pair. Dirty from storage is all. I may buy.

If the parts are decent and u can use why not. Most stuff comes from few factories... Nike converse and rebook all were in same factory decided by curtains to be modular depending in demand.
Looks like big diameter legs on the forks, I'm using a set like that on my rollfast off an unknown import cruiser..

I'll give you $20 for the fork and saddle.. But yea, for $15 each, I'd grab em. I like to have a knock around frame or two to try ideas on. Something cheap like that is perfect.

I bought them. One is a Hampton the other a Rand. One will be sold and one scrapped for parts. Figure I can maybe get my 30.00 back on the blue Rand. They are both pretty decent just dirty.
0c43c943e6385948ffd0565bfb403da5.jpg
c00b2b6250f0fead0d775056869e4393.jpg

Looks like the Schwinn style forged stems..nice long neck not the stubby blocks. You did good, may have salvageable bars under the foam... I'd buy either for $30 all day if was local. Those still sell for 50-80 in my area.

Hampton Cruisers used to be a lower-price subsidiary of Jamis. Most were sold at the local bike shop BITD, rather than the dept store. But, they tended to be the cheapest bike at the LBS.

Not sure how long that was the case, but the thing has gotta be pretty old; it's got skinny steel tubes, right?

Seen the exact same components to the pedals on deluxe cruisers around me... I'd debadge them and call em done... No reason one should not go easy for $25.. for $5 the fork stem and bars are a steal.

Looks cool I'd buy it local... I'd defiantly save the other fork and stem at least to build a strandi but that's my taste. those fat legged forks are hot... I think the standard Schwinn ones were undersized next to the head tube.

Waste of a perfectly good strandi if you did... You had a good week.
I'd cut the foam off the other... Shiny bars and it maybe the better looker of the two imho...

The other is for sale. I hate that green color. If I can get my 30 bucks back I am happy. Yeah I think I will put some miles on the Rand before I decide to sell etc. Although I need that rear wheel. I do have a good Bendix wheel to put back on the rand. I will probably do that. The pic of that Hampton is much better than in person. Thats not its true color. Its a minty green I would say.UGLY.

Latest posts

Back