(MBBO class1)Low Certification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could always mount a drag chute...

Carl.
I was contemplating that,I have some checker plate that I may use for the shifter cover and can use a square piece for a backing plate for a shute,also thinking of a tow ring,I wasn't sure what direction I was headed but drag bike seems the go'I hear drilling in the background:rockout:

guard taken back to bare metal,it is from a childs size raleigh Explorer from at a guess the 70's
iphone110_zpsffa61a0f.jpg

]
as I am going for the drag bike look I will be drilling between the scallops and maybe along the leading edge
iphone111_zps9c741ab6.jpg

Looking good mate.

Am I imagining things or did I see that frame on Trade Me a while back?

I most likely won't be jumping in on this build off... but I have said that before and ended up entering. If I get elected to parliament... (yes I am a candidate in today's election for Northland and it's after 7pm now so I am allowed to mention it)... I won't have time to do a build, so it is highly likely that I WILL build something. o_O

Glen.

Looking good mate.

Am I imagining things or did I see that frame on Trade Me a while back?

I most likely won't be jumping in on this build off... but I have said that before and ended up entering. If I get elected to parliament... (yes I am a candidate in today's election for Northland and it's after 7pm now so I am allowed to mention it)... I won't have time to do a build, so it is highly likely that I WILL build something. o_O

Glen.
yer it was very long time ago,someone decided to buy it,he was way down wellington way and decided he didn't want it after making me run around to find a courier that would send it,"I will put the money in tonite"became two weeks and then"I don't want it now" :aggressive:

Love the mockups! That is gonna be one sweet guard!

thanx guys,havn't done much as I have a cold and still having to go to work really sux,but you do what you gotta do,have a few ideas up my sleeve,torn between what to paint and what to leave as I have a rusty front wheel and a nice chrome rear and hate mismatching stuff,may have to go with doing a patina look,maybe hammerite with patina over the top/who know's at this stage

Oh yeah! That looks good!
Will it be staying raw or getting painted?

Luke.
well I am 50/50 on it,it came out good so maybe raw,just paint inside of fork crown and get some hex/allen bolts as I am going with drag race look,theres a store across the road from work that have hundreds of bolts and fastenings,will have to see what they have

Back