(MBBO Class 2) "Mad Maxine" NOW SOLD TO A NEW RRB MEMBER!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see what she comes up with.
I just did a search for female supervillains and there are some great names out there.

She has some cool ideas, I think "MISStaken" is leading her thoughts at the moment...

I did get some cleaning up done in my work area, should be able to get going on the wheels no worries when I get a decent day, got some interesting plans for them...

Luke.

I did get something done today:

15126930285_2d2d3761eb_z.jpg

It will become clear what this template is for in the coming days, if you follow my builds you can probably figure it out and realise this is the logical next step in my designs...

Luke.

Mopar wheel
chrysler-logo.jpg

Actually I thought you were going to make a hat, or a brooch, or a pterydactl

Glad to see you going with a five spoke pattern it is pretty popular with hot rods guess you already know looking forward to seeing how you make your jig your other work seems genius

The jig will just be my 8 spoke jig modified to 5 spokes, I should get some done tomorrow, the weather has settled a little and my health appears to be on the upswing!

Realised I did not have enough 16mm shs for the spokes, so picked some more up today...

Luke.

Dang Luke! I think your gonna build another cool bike!!

Troy
Thanks Troy! I hope so!

Got a little done today, was not up to getting fully dressed up for welding so I did as much as I can without welding...

Removed the hub and spokes from the rear wheel and cleaned them both up with the wire brush:

15144057922_74711f2aba_z.jpg

14957882887_1999e9c129_z.jpg

They both came up really nice, shame I will be blacking out that nice chrome...

Removed the 16 spoke locater's from the jig and cleaned it up ready for the 10 new ones to go on:

15144436795_00f5fb56c9_z.jpg

Placed the template over the jig and marked out the new spoke locations:

15141467711_7e73316d44_z.jpg

The day ended with the death of my Metabo angle grinder, it seems the armature melted and fused... :(

I originally got it as a prize for "Apprentice of the year" in 1998 at Northern Territory University (now Charles Darwin University), at which time it was the top of the range and valued at $400, it was an absolutely bulletproof 1Kw grinder and aside from new brushes twice and a new lead twice has performed flawlessly for the last 15 years.

The gearbox was noisy towards the end and a little bit of movement in the driveshaft meant I had relegated it to electric wire brush status for the last year or two as it was a bit too inaccurate for fine cutting and grinding, but it will be missed as it was the last of my original tools I kept when I left off working because of my health... :cry:

15141678291_c2a9217056_z.jpg

Maybe I should hang it on the wall...

Luke.

Good to see progress.

Sad about your grinder.
I'll be sad when mine dies as I've had it 10 years and I bought it used on a yard sale for $10. Its a cheapo to my knowledge (Workhorse brand) but its held up even after I dropped it 6 feet to the ground.

Well, I feel like a bit of an idiot at the moment...

I assumed from the way it died and the smells it made that it was fried, but I just pulled it apart and gave it all a good clean and inspection, it appears one of the springs that hold the brushes in had lost it's tension and slipped past the brush, allowing the brush to occasionally work sideways in it's spot meaning it died slowly and smelly as if the armature was melted...

Cleaned the brushes, re-tensioned the spring, put it all back together and it runs! In fact it runs really well!

:dance2:

Looks like it will be due for new brushes in another year or two, will replace the springs at the same time.

Luke.

Latest posts

Back