(MBBO-CLASS-2) GOOD VIBRATIONS - Happy New Year ratters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been tinkering and throwing some ideas around...:39:
Give me your thoughts.
1. Use the original rims off the bike(singlespeed freewheel) and add old skool brakes.
2. Mount a 3 speed coaster and add a shifter.
3. use these g-star mags with (singlespeed freewheel) and add old skool brakes.
:whistle::whistle:
DSCN2350.JPG

The G-stars.
DSCN2348.JPG

Normal wheels?
DSCN2300.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2349.JPG
    DSCN2349.JPG
    642.5 KB · Views: 256
3 speed shifter and rim, mags are for bmx bikes....

Carl.

I second Chad T and Carl on this,my reason is the mags have a very big visual area i.e from far away you can see what it is and you think straight lines (the 5 spokes)which in your mine reminds you of bmx and some commuter bikes because of the straight frame tubes,standard wheels from afar you don't see the spokes but you can the rim/hub and as it is round you would like them better on a curved frame,or I could be talking pycho babble....but in saying that the ends of the spokes are curved so accent the curves on the bike....but I do love skyway and no name brand 5 spokes,a set of honeycombes would look good too as they have that crazy new but oldskool look,I am thinking mid 70's nissan with honeycomb mags,curved lines of car but with this radical new style mags but still look good....I'l stop talking now:crazy:
honeycombs_zps2e62e6b7.jpg

Last edited:
Well I just purchased me a early chrissy pressy....:D:dance2:
Should be here in 2 weeks,now I can get to some real bending.No stopping my design ideas now...Gone are the days try to bend around trees,pallets,decking etc.:grin:
153780_2000x2000.jpg

A cheap one,but it will do the trick for the size pipes and bends I want to do...:113:

Also I have decided to use the 3 gear coaster shifter on my Indian build.Would suit it much better.:thumbsup:
So I am leaning towards the mags, I think they might look better with the whole surf theme...Not important,can decide on those at the last moment.:crazy2:

3 speed shifter and rim, mags are for bmx bikes....

Carl.
I have seen some cool muscle bikes in the past that look cool with mags.... What does :crazy:Merle think?:21:

Should be here in 2 weeks,now I can get to some real bending.No stopping my design ideas now...Gone are the days try to bend around trees,pallets,decking etc.:grin:
153780_2000x2000.jpg

A cheap one,but it will do the trick for the size pipes and bends I want to do...:113:

Also I have decided to use the 3 gear coaster shifter on my Indian build.Would suit it much better.:thumbsup:
So I am leaning towards the mags, I think they might look better with the whole surf theme...Not important,can decide on those at the last moment.:crazy2:
awsome can't wait to see what you make with it !

awsome can't wait to see what you make with it !
I already have a idea for a new bike,but I think I will leave it for the #10 build-off...;)

Three speed wheels with a monster shifter!

153780_2000x2000.jpg

oh there is gonna be some cool from this!!

Updates.
Have cut shaped rear fender,seat,grips,longboard skateboard,Also wood for the guard.
DSCN2494.JPG
Varnished and colored.Not bad some bleeding under the tape,but thats life...
I still have to finish the skimboard,and front fender(not sure with that yet) And the box.
DSCN2502.JPG
DSCN2503.JPG

Have also welded the seat post,handlebars and forks... soaking the seat in acid to get rid of the rust,or most of it...Cleaned the crank...
DSCN2499.JPG
DSCN2500.JPG

All i have left is to extend the rear drop outs by a few cms.
Clean the rear rack.
Make the board rack.
And then its all painting.

Not sure if you're kidding. I think you are... but that's a Huffy Twin Stick. They are the "top shelf" of muscle bikes, some (like me) say better and more rare than the Schwinn Krate.

RareBMX has one as a MBBO build, but a new baby is understandably holding up his progress.

Updates.
Have cut shaped rear fender,seat,grips,longboard skateboard,Also wood for the guard.View attachment 7346Varnished and colored.Not bad some bleeding under the tape,but thats life...
I still have to finish the skimboard,and front fender(not sure with that yet) And the box.
View attachment 7349 View attachment 7350
Have also welded the seat post,handlebars and forks... soaking the seat in acid to get rid of the rust,or most of it...Cleaned the crank...View attachment 7347 View attachment 7348
All i have left is to extend the rear drop outs by a few cms.
Clean the rear rack.
Make the board rack.
And then its all painting.

I'm lovin' the craftsmanship that's going into this build! Great job!

Not sure if you're kidding. I think you are... but that's a Huffy Twin Stick. They are the "top shelf" of muscle bikes, some (like me) say better and more rare than the Schwinn Krate.

RareBMX has one as a MBBO build, but a new baby is understandably holding up his progress.
Are you trying to make sense of :crazy: Merle?:rofl::21:

Back