(MBBO Class 1) Orange Enigma

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Yamaha Orange didn't come out the way I pictured it. It came out as a n unattractive muddy dark brownish-orange color...yuck! Gotta shop for a new orange paint :-|

The Yamaha Orange didn't come out the way I pictured it. It came out as a n unattractive muddy dark brownish-orange color...yuck! Gotta shop for a new orange paint :-|

Sorry to hear that. You could always change the name to "Carrot Baby Poo Enigma" :p:crazy:

Ok, got back on schedule after switching paint brands. I finally got the color I wanted, still a Yamaha Orange but waaaay better than the first brand I purchased. After playing hide and seek the whole week with the sun (Sunny/hot from mornings til afternoon and heavy rains in the late afternoon til early evenings...gotta love the tropics!) I finally got the frame primed and coated with the color I want. Now it just needs a clear coat and a couple of days baking under the sun and it's assembly time! :dance2:

Also, I may or may not add the racing stripes on the chainguard, side mirrors and a tool bag. Still waiting on the bag I ordered online though.
accessories.jpg

Here's the frame.
IMG_20141001_150445.jpg

IMG_20141002_163003.jpg

The sun was kinda going down so you couldn't see the flakes on it, she sparkles like Edward Cullen in the sunlight :). Once it's all done I'll use a proper camera and photograph it on a bright day.
IMG_20141002_163018.jpg

Happy weekend guys! :)

Last edited:
Looks like a candy tangerine... nice!

Diggin the paint job!!!

Wow. That paint makes it's own fire! And that is still the clear plastic chainguard? Wow, again!

I was gonna use a bullet chrome headlight for this build but had to swap it with the automobile fog lamp from my board track. With the new springer fork upgrade on the BT, the fog lamp wouldn't fit so I decided to use it on this one...I'm glad I did it because it just added to it's personality! It still needed to be converted to LED, so yesterday I spent the whole afternoon just doing that. So, I borrowed my god daughter's soldering iron and gave it a go (first time!). Needless to say it wasn't pretty but it did the job. :D

Here's how it went. Afterwards I mounted it and took it for a spin last night. Nothing fell off and the lights didn't go out so that's a good sign :)
DIY.jpg

IMG_20141010_182402.jpg

Last edited:
That pedicab looks like a bumper car with all that tubing around it,
Very cool looking bike by the way with some nice looking parts !
What is the frame make ? Mark

I google image searched on "Philippines Pedicab" and found many sidecar variation on the third world pedicabs. Pedicab design is very local as in each country has their own designs. They are rarely exported to other countries unless you have a huge pile of cash which the owners never have. The Philippines seem to prefer side car styles over the rikshaw inline style. Customizing is always done in every third-world country for pedicabs, moto-taxis and buses to attract attention and potential fares. I did find some that look similar to the photo above but each seems to have a different kind of bicycle attached.
I found this modern interpretation too:
http://stainonpaper.com/blog/share/2014/03/pedicab/

"Tuloy Po Kayo" = "Please come in". Like a welcome mat at your local store.

Last edited:
I google image searched on "Philippines Pedicab" and found many sidecar variation on the third world pedicabs. Pedicab design is very local as in each country has their own designs. They are rarely exported to other countries unless you have a huge pile of cash which the owners never have. The Philippines seem to prefer side car styles over the rikshaw inline style. Customizing is always done in every third-world country for pedicabs, moto-taxis and buses to attract attention and potential fares. I did find some that look similar to the photo above but each seems to have a different kind of bicycle attached.
I found this modern interpretation too:
http://stainonpaper.com/blog/share/2014/03/pedicab/

"Tuloy Po Kayo" = "Please come in". Like a welcome mat at your local store.

Thank you for taking interest. That modern take on the pedicab is a thing of beauty. However I could only picture it rolling in a country club or resort as it offers no protection from other pedicabs and jeepneys they swarm the busy streets of Manila. Plus it might not have what it takes (heftier frame/tires) to haul heavy produce or other cargo which they are commonly used for. I envy Wildcat for owning one, I bet it's much fun to ride, especially for groceries and beer runs :)

Latest posts

Back