(Mbbo) class 1 Getting there!..Purple Haze!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your LBS (local bike shop) should have these. Take the complete head set to match new bearings to the cups or pick up a new head set. Looks like a 1" set to me but the cups come in different sizes so best to have that to match up with your replacement set. I would check the condition of those cranks bearings while your at it.
+1, Roadwarrior gives good advice again!

Luke.

...and to add to @roadwarrior comment, not only does the cage have to be the same diameter, but the bearings the same size. I have found that especially with a headset that has worn cups you can make it work with a loose ball set-up whereas the caged bearings will bind, etc. Probably need to add 2-3 bearings to make up the difference in spacing. And grease....can never have too much grease! GL!

Ok now i got the crank out tonight and the bearings look pretty good!
8079ef26d7b854da2fd3c12f0c06ec9c.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I see no plastic chrome parts ,here.
How did that come into play?.
Use lacquer thinner on chain guard:
That paint will come right off.
Have you pulled the cranks, yet ?
Haha just did it And . I did not even see your post! [emoji1]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Yep, wide 3M blue tape, then trim with razor around the emblem. The tape can be stuffed under the head badge if there are any gaps. A good filed down pallet knife works well in tight spaces...

Back