(MBBO#4 Class 1) grr-Rat-ified...DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice mags! :grin:

Funt to strip, huh?!?!
Mine ain't quite done yet... I've got to get me a new brass wire wheel to finish the frame and rims. But I told you I had a stripped pair... Soon I'm goin' to see if my lbs can help me find a new freewheel, it's threads are a smaller diameter than the others I have...

Carl.
footnote...
My LBS had the freewheel, brand new 12 bucks. So it's on the rim, and I picked up a brass wire wheel today too, along with some inner tubes. Work continues...

Last edited:
Are those still the same Billy Bars I sold you? Those have been on like 8 different bikes in your stable now! I feel like I'm going insane trying to keep up with all your changes and wild ideas! :21:
Yep, that was my first buildoff ever. HeadBanger has changed a lot since then, now it's a Bears tribute bike. Your right about them ramshorns too, I have put them on many different builds since then, all for giggles, but I think they're staying on here. Maybe...

Carl.

Threw a chain on this morning and took a spin... NO BRAKES! Haha, sprocket is too big, weird short little crank but I don't want a curb scraper... also...
How am I going to mount the brakes?
Bridge has a hole the wrong direction, so if I drill it, two holes next to each other make it weak. First time I hit the brakes it'll snap. No welder yet either, makes it harder to fab... I have coaster rims but the mags just look right... HELP!

Carl.

Last edited:
Make a little angle bracket?

Luke.
Seems to me like I've seen threads on a replacement bridge that bolts in.
Could take the old bridge out and maybe notch some square stock to fit in between the seat stays?

Carl.

Seems to me like I've seen threads on a replacement bridge that bolts in.
Could take the old bridge out and maybe notch some square stock to fit in between the seat stays?

Carl.
It would need some method to strongly fix it there. Welding preferably...
Interesting problem...

Luke.

Gotta get 220v in my garage... or drag the welder and my bike out to my sisters garage where it came from and use it... could plug weld my butterflys too... hmm.

Carl.

What about if you nicely notched the ends of the square tube, but left the top flat section long so you could bend it around the seat stays and rivet it on the outside?

21821943798_4584095df0_z.jpg

Luke.

I like it, I was thinking zip screws (like sheet metal but pan head phillips)
I knew we could lick the problem! (I was looking at a little brazing rig today too)

Carl.

I like it, I was thinking zip screws (like sheet metal but pan head phillips)
I knew we could lick the problem! (I was looking at a little brazing rig today too)

Carl.
:thumbsup:

Luke.

Weird little bike...
The pedals were giving me trouble. Why? :eek: 2 left ones, the little crank is cross threaded bad, so it's toast, (no wonder it came apart so hard) So it was a 4 1/2" crank, I need like a 5 1/2" or a 6", but all I have are 6 1/2" so that's whats on it now. The white sprocket is too small... now it pedals too easy... but the banana looks ok and is gonna get recovered.

Still no brakes... Crank scrapes a little, gotta be careful.

Carl.

I like it! Looks like a space goat. + what are Billy bars? Are those different from regular ramshorns? Look like they could be taller.

You can get used to the low pedals to a point but there is always that potential to "kickstand" it...:eek:

Threw a chain on this morning and took a spin... NO BRAKES! Haha, sprocket is too big, weird short little crank but I don't want a curb scraper... also...
How am I going to mount the brakes?
Bridge has a hole the wrong direction, so if I drill it, two holes next to each other make it weak. First time I hit the brakes it'll snap. No welder yet either, makes it harder to fab... I have coaster rims but the mags just look right... HELP!

Carl.

You can clamp a couple alum plates to hold a brake pretty good. Fairly easy to make...takes longer if you want it to look nice..:p...Luke's idea looks good too.

Last edited:
Still need to fab the brake bridge but I've got the drive train/ratio squared away, with a different crank and sprocket. I believe I'll keep the wrap on her, matches the chain too!

Hmm bigger fat white back tire...
recover that ugly seat...
Glitter clearcoat everything! (almost)

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back