(MBBO#05 Class II) 53' Lincoln Rug Burn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it would be fun to wheelie on. Might be interesting to see it with a 16 inch front wheel if you have one to try. It's cool as is tho
Not in chrome...
I really like the way it sits now. It's such a rat, there's the worn 20 x 1.75 on the front and it has an old Carlisle Stud 2.125 on the back, the seat is a springer polo, the bars are worn and I had to tilt them forward to put it all in a comfortable riding position on the little Lincoln frame. The custom cog on the rear mating the skiptooth drive to the 3 speed coaster is cool. I've still got some other bits to add. Wheelie bars, and I have a aftermarket chrome guard that came to me with the bike, and with a little modding it will fit. I also have two Schwinn headlights that I want to mount one above the other ala' old school chopper, but I gotta fab some kinda brackets. Then there's a shifter still missing and paint, I dig the flat black, but I want speedboat glitter baby! So, there's the punch list for this one. Polish the brass headbadge and she's done.

Carl.

Last edited:
Great looking ride!
Good looking chopper Carl...:thumbsup:
Yeah, chopper, dig it!
This bike has great lines, the fork, the seatpost and sissy bar all run on nice parallel.
Build on brother!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very Cool :thumbsup::thumbsup::cool2:
Looks awesome as a chopper Carl!
Luke.

Thanks guys, not really what I set out to do, but the chopper is growing on me. You all know how a bike steers you during the build. I still may trim the forks down a bit to move the center of gravity...

Carl.

lights...
7d290b70855eb1aee186d45629edb48c.jpg

Carl.

sent from a crowded phonebooth...

Our bikes are going to have some similarities, it'll be interesting to see them finished.
I see what you mean. Next to each other it'd be less obvious since there's a size difference. But our apes are close if not the same, and the frames are the same general layout. The Lincoln is actually the same as a Schwinn Spitfire. I see yours is a Higgins, cool. Your forks will probably turn out nicer than these OCC mutts. You looking for a shifter too?

Carl.

I see what you mean. Next to each other it'd be less obvious since there's a size difference. But our apes are close if not the same, and the frames are the same general layout. The Lincoln is actually the same as a Schwinn Spitfire. I see yours is a Higgins, cool. Your forks will probably turn out nicer than these OCC mutts. You looking for a shifter too?

Carl.

I thought about a shift handle, but not for gears. Thinking about a faux hand brake for the coaster, since doing an actual hand brake would be ridiculous and complicated.
I'm also going to do something different for the bars, the apes in the pic are just for mock up.

Lights are awesome Carl!

Luke.
I've messed with the idea for weeks. It always came down to the brackets. In the end it was simple. I used the little L brackets that some caliper brakes have next to the shoes. So easy and I tried all kinds of crazy stuff before I stumbled onto the solution. doh.

Carl.

Wow, that was a fun whirlwind catchup on your build.
I am glad you didn't cut down the forks. Don't worry about the trail, that chopper look is awesome!!!!

Wow, that was a fun whirlwind catchup on your build.
I am glad you didn't cut down the forks. Don't worry about the trail, that chopper look is awesome!!!!
Hey it rides nice! If you kick it hard though it wheelies even in third gear. Wheelie bars on the way...

Carl.

Rechromed 26" kickstand
532008d4ea6f3c48f352f1de2c1cd4e1.jpg

232d0bb5ee7b0e19c56520e03a8a11d1.jpg

was a pain, I had to shorten the part in the spring end, which meant redrilling for a keeper pin.
070ab8b0d5c9b5ac0cc544456cc1493e.jpg

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back