mattyfu's winter finds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's my fresh finds for the last bit, it's winter here so lots of the bigger thrift stores (where I find most of my bikes) completely stop putting bikes out, it's a bummer.
First up is a bike I grabbed for a upcoming build for my girlfriend, I need to pick her brain to see what all she would like before I can say for sure that it's the frame I'll use but chances are decent it will be my starting point. It's a CCM I'll grab the serial the next time I'm in the garage. It was $50 at a local antique mall (outside in over a foot of snow). It's rusty but everything spins and seems functional.
IMG_0826.JPG

And here we have a super clean Raleigh Colt($25), clean Raleigh Sports($25) and not so clean Wayfarer($30). If my memory serves me right the wayfarer is early 70's and the other two are 80's.
IMG_0828.JPG

This is a leather saddle I picked from a Japanese roadbike that it looked like someone backed over and then tossed for the garbage man. I also snagged the front araya wheel that looks straight as can be.
IMG_0831.JPG

Sweet, That CCM is awesome! I scored about the same seat but in better shape off an old Raleigh road bike. If memory serves me right it was a Wright's. Sold it to a member in Canada and traded the rest to a member in Peru.

If you use saddle soap with very little water that seat will look new, it worked on the Brookes from the old Schwinn I sold.

Bikeman48 in Milwuakee

Back