massey silver ribbon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D i already started gently cleaning,mild soap and olive oil.i didnt even know there was paint on this unit.i looked how to clean this bike up but couldnt find much,so i made up what i thought would work and it is working!i do have before pics,it was all rust grime and thick dirt.this is going to take along time but im gonna spend a few mnths on this unit.i will gently put back the rake on the forks,its not bad.i rode it miles home what a fun ride.new hercules coaster brake.previous owner who was very knowledgeable on this make, dates it to before 1922?im gonna leave as much patina as possible,if you look at picture 6 you can see what the whole bike looked like between the headtube and fender i left a spot of years of piled up crud!updates coming. :D i just went to look at a old set of handlebars and guy liked my hercules,anyways bought the massey after bicycle talk for 3 hrs.yeehaw.
massey011.jpg

massey010.jpg

massey009.jpg

massey008.jpg

massey007.jpg

massey006.jpg

massey005.jpg

massey004.jpg

massey003.jpg

massey002.jpg

massey001.jpg

Re: very exciting find

Very cool. I like the wrap around headbadge. Lots of crud on the back of that chainring.

What is the EVOO for?

i dont know what evoo is?haha.thanks guys,i was going to bend the forks and pulled a muscle in my shoulder getting off the fork bolt.its been on for quite along time,the grease was like glue wierd. :D :x shoulder pain.

beast775 said:
i dont know what evoo is?haha.thanks guys,i was going to bend the forks and pulled a muscle in my shoulder getting off the fork bolt.its been on for quite along time,the grease was like glue wierd. :D :x shoulder pain.

Sorry.....Watch too much Food Network. EVOO=extra virgin olive oil. :D :D

haha im thinkin my gal has this shrine in the corner,its a girl thing i guess,i thought it was that,i said to her is that thing called something evoo?10 minutes later extra virgin olive oil,frikkk im laughin with a messed up torn shoulder.haha :lol:

Back