Mark Wahlberg "The Happening"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
M. Night Shyamalan is filming a movie 2 minutes down the road from my house called "The Happening" starring of course Mark Wahlberg. I decided to drive by and check out what was going on there, and as I was driving by I noticed a few guy's throwing a football around. One of them looked very familiar to me, so I shouted "Hey your Mark Wahlberg" he walked over said hello shook my hand then say "I gotta go " then took of running back to his activity. It was pretty cool to see an actual movie set, and all the people invovled. The area they are shooting in is a farm just of a Route 611 in Plumsteadville Pennsylvania. The farm they are shooting at will be given roughly 7 minutes of movie time, so I hear anyway. Just wanted to share this. Thank-You. Here is a link to a story printed in a local paper in my area concerning the movie.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/ ... 10625.html

cool story back in the early 90s they filmed a movie in the town I worked called "in the best interest of the children" with Sarah Jessica Parker and Sally Struthers..... I had a beer with Sally Struthers lol wished it was Sarah!!
and in the movie "field of dreams" I was driving a car in the parade of lights at the end of the movie :) the local tv stations asked people to show up for it and we did :)

My only brush with the movie world was being at the Rangers game that they filmed a scene for the Disney movie The Rookie at.

It was the scene at the end when he finally made it to the majors and he runs out to the mound from the dugout and everyone is cheering.

If you listen very very carefully you still can't hear me cheer, ha ha!

Very cool movie though...I highly recommend it.

786936165432DDfsL01.jpg

I made a dead body prop for a movie shot locally and in California. It was a womans torso that had been in a pond for a while. Its only used in a short shot and I was never paid or given credit. The movie is called Suspended Animation. Not worth the rental fee :roll:

They filmed Mel Gibson's "Man without a face" here and Stephen King's "Thinner" I got to meet Mel at the airport I was working at at the time. I did some cleaning for the "Thinner" movie. I also got to clean John Travolta's Gulfstram Jet once and fuel it a few times. It's funny Mel Gibson is a short guy. John Travolta is an imposing man. Of the two John was the more pleasant but I will give Mel a pass, I had to tell him we canceled his flight as the plane that was to take him to the island was on an emergency medevac flight.

Aaron

I've just remembered about this film. It was pretty good, to my opinion. One of the movies that has a good dark atmosphere of suspense that really make you tremble. And Wahlberg was good in his role of Elliot Moore. I believe that this movie significantly increased his net worth, which nowadays is $200 million (according to this source celebtopnetworth.com). I would like to see more such thriller films:)

Last edited:
Back