MapMyRide app review

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I downloaded this free app on my iPhone yesterday and gave it a try on this morning's ride. Set up was quick and easy. In settings/equpiment, I selected tire size. When I was ready to ride, I hit record on the home screen, then selected cruiser for activity type, then pressed start, put my phone in my pocket, and started riding. When I got home, I pressed pause/stop and saved the results. It records your route, speed (min, max, average), elevation changes, calories burned and more. I give it a thumbs up. Here are a couple screenshots.

ride01.jpg

ride02.jpg

Cheers,
Volt

I used MapMyRide for a long time and really liked it. All my riding buddies that didn't buy Garmin products switched to Strava which, in my opinion, is far superior to Map My Ride. It doesn't really work any better, per say, just has more options. Strava has segments. Every time you ride a section of road that contains one of these "segments", you compete with other people who have ridden the same segment and there is a top 10 leaderboard for each segment. Its pretty motivational.

Back