Majestic 20" bicycle and some other neat stuff.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I've been complaining that I can't find any neat old bikes in my area. Today, however, I went over to a family friends house a few blocks down because he told me he had a bike he wanted give me. Turned out to be a really neat 20" boys bike from a company by the name of Majestic. Can't find much about it the company, but did find the frame is Lizenz Pletscher. Both the frame and tires were made in Germany. The tires are really neat, they're German and they're whitewalls. However, on my second ride out, the back tube popped. Sounded like a gun shot!

Other than that, there's a bunch of rust that's coming off well with steel wool and WD40. The banana seat is torn apart. I'll probably buy a new one. If anyone has a banana seat that would look good with this neato and would be willing to part with it for very little, let me know :) Not going to paint it, want to keep the look. He told me the tires would be worth something because their really nice whitewalls The markings I could find on the tires say Semperit in one location and Veith in another. He also told me that the handlebars might be worth something too. Apparently they stopped making them so wide apart because kids kept flying through the front of them- Ouch! He gave me the bike for free and said I was free to sell it for parts and thought I get would the for it most as is without putting any $$$ into it, but I want to work on it a bit and make it look even more neato! Just needs a little cleaning, a banana seat, and a new tube.

257qdxy.jpg

He also told me I could take a set of fenders, probably off an old Schwinn. Need a bit of cleaning to get them looking good again, and are worth saving for a future project. Neatest thing, though, is probably this front end of an old Roadmaster. Looks like a piece of art by itself! I love the springs, and might be able to use it for a project as well.

1zn0q2r.jpg

wk5if7.jpg

If anyone is interested in any of the parts, however, let me know first before I start working on it :)

Hot glue does the job if its not a 2 part ... 1 part seat pans have some kind of hooks you can pinch the leather to

ratina said:
Those fenders are for the Roadmaster also. Nice score

Any idea what model they might have been from? I believe they're from the 40's. Maybe I could try and piece this thing together.

Might be a bit too much $$$ to piece that together...

Anyway, I really think the fork would look killer on a board track racer type bike, and I've been wanting to make one ever since I found this awesome site! I'll just hold on to the fenders in case I pick something up off CL that would look good with 'em.

As per the seat on the Majestic, I'll take a look into how I might be able to restore it first before I buy a replacement seat. I'm thinking a white to match the whitewalls.

The seat pan is all rusted and brittle. Needs a new seat altogether. If anyone has one, let me know. Although it was the rear tube that popped, there is a little bit of splitting on the rear tire, so Im going to put on a new set of whitewalls. If anyone wants the front tire, let me know.

Back