Mahowald Cycle Co.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was digging around in the Bike Barn (see some of my old posts) and I found this bike with a head badge that read "Mahowald Cycle Co." It is an old skip tooth. It had two other screws where another headbadge was removed. I think this one is the original. Anyway, I researched and found that Mahowald was a bike store in Mankato, MN. Started as a blacksmith shop and later sold Indian and Harley Davidson motor bikes. Here is a pic of the store back in 1915. There was a number of photos of this store with bikes. Not sure if I am going to buy the bike but neat to see the history of it. It could very well be in this photo! Brian

ajaxhelper.jpg

blow that pic. up with high res. and i bet you can tell what make the bicycles are and whats in the store display cases.

Awesome! Our LBS used to have a nice collection of old bikes on display (everything from tank bikes, few shaft drives, and a penny farthing or two) hung around the showroom but since the old guy passed and his son took over they have moved to a new location and he sold all of them. The son is a real snob and looks down his nose unless you're riding a new $1500+ FIxie or mountain bike.

Latest posts

Back