Mafia Chopper Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build didn't take to long but it's my 4th one, so there are a lot of things I have been
getting a system down for. Though I used the head tube and rear triangle out of a donor
bike to keep from machining parts & saving weight, this really is a scratch built bike.
The forks are mine too. I recently did the RAW Dallas Art Show & though I didn't have
any of my bikes there, I had my bike portfolios there for viewing & the bikes were a hit!
So thanks if you were there.I wish the Dallas area had more 100% custom bike stuff going
on. Had this one out on it's first 15 mile ride today and everything was good. I have in
progress build photos but it just takes to much time to edit and post all of them. :D

SANY0300.jpg

SANY0304.jpg

SANY0298.jpg

SANY0302.jpg

SANY0301.jpg

SANY0305.jpg

SANY0307.jpg

SANY0308.jpg

SANY0310.jpg

Yeah, maybe. Those are 3 piece 3 speed, I just haven't reinstalled the outer guard yet. I still have to get the lights on it too. If I can get an all aluminum set of cranks and pedals maybe I'll do that. But right now I still use two gears on the front sprocket so a single gear bmx style sprocket is out of the question. Plus, this bike has a multi-speed freewheel that I actually use. So I have to use 3/32 chain.

Cool bike. Do you have a front d' on there or do you finger shift? I'm all for gears man, no need to torture us yea?

Thanks guys. Yes, I forgot to mention, I change front gears by hand. I thought about adding a small tube to the frame to mount the front d on, but then decided against it because I thought it messed with the bikes lines. Also, if I added a front d, then I'd have another cable to run. The way my bikes sit, it's not that hard to shift by hand. Upshifting to the big gear is more difficult. You have to wait for a straight section of road (if you can) reach down with your right hand and move the chain over on top of the big gear, rotate the crank a few teeth till it catches and then just pedal into it. Down shifting is easy, just push the chain over with your finger while rotating the cranks a few teeth. That'll do it. And yes! From the first bike I built, I wasn't building a bike without gears! It makes no sense not to if your building a one off bike. If it's a vintage bike and you want to keep it that way, fine. But an all custom bike, gear me up!

Back