Lurker no more!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me and my gf decided to get some old bikes and 1 apiece turned into 3 fast....lol We have a unknown yr Hawthorne mens, with a step though frame that we picked up first on craigslist. Then the hunt for another bike began and I started to look around on this forum. First an estate sale where another bike collector beat me to the bike I was trying to get. Then an old man promised me a bike on craigslist but someone else called and was like I'll pay you more than the guy that said he was going to buy will pay you. So with the money I saved I have purchased two Elgins and Schwinn, its been a lucky week :roll: . Two of the bikes are in the process of shipping. :)

bike.jpg

bikes002.jpg

Thanks for the welcome.

I probably need to add that Im from Kansas City and I know that people are on top of finding old bikes here and some pretty cool builds.

Yeah I found a keeper most definitely.......she likes to fish too......lol......this is her and a little fish she caught.

l_2ab318975a77f798173dd8ca055d336b.jpg

Welcome to your addiction, If you are interested in the old bikes and want to meet others in the KC area thats into the same thing come check out one of the Spokesmen Bike Club meetings. For more info about the club you can contact me at Peddlers Bicycle Shop in Independence at 816 254 6855. or just stop by and introduce yourself. Rick

yes, yes she is ...........and a ..........we are have 3 bikes and are trying to figure out what our first build is going to together.....so....hhmmmmmm.....we have a 2 prewar Elgins....and a 50's schwinn.....we shall see.

Wow welcome aboard man. You have a beautiful girlfriend ;)

ya know, you and your girlfriend should find an old tandem bike that you can BOTH build up and customize and BOTH ride TOGETHER. i would get a tandem for me and my wife if id think she'd ever ride it with me :cry: . c'mon, you know thats a good idea. :mrgreen:

welcome to the madness bikebum!!! where at in KC are you from theres quite a few guys from the KC area on here at the moment. and your g/f sure isnt ugly! and like bicyclerick said, theres a vintage bike club here in KC called the spokesmen, we meet every third sunday or so of every month. you should definately check it out. i just joined two months ago. holla atcha boy if ya need anything man!!!

Easy E

Thanks for all the welcomes!!!!! Thats cool that theres a lot a people in KC on this board. Ive im'd back and forth a few but havent talked or met in person yet.

Back