Lunch Time Rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
bigpantbob, ifitsfreeitsforme and I decided yesterday that we would go for a ride at lunch today. So up went my bike onto the back of my truck.

1203080748a.jpg

Bob gets i early. He's polite and parks out of the way in the lab.

DSC02991.jpg

Ian and I put our bikes right in the middle of the office. :)

DSC02990.jpg

We'll be going for a ride later on. We'll take some photos to share.

Just got back from our mid afternoon ride. Went through a nice little park in Meriden near Broad Street. I'm sure it's not safe after dark :shock:
DSC02992.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

When you gotta play ball, you gotta play ball
DSC02993.jpg

nice aluminum BMX hoop

The speedster unceremoniously dumped on the ground ....
DSC02995.jpg

to go look at Just a bit o the blarney
DSC02997.jpg

the Westfield - Columbia glamor shot
DSC02996.jpg

Rat Bike Trio's latest album cover:
DSC02998.jpg

We had fun. A guy in an old Honda Accord swung by to tell us about his old Schwinn. Asked what year he told us from the 60's. Ian told him that wasn't old. :p :lol:

Re: Lunch Time Ride

that was fun. we gotta do that more often. man it doesn't get more ghetto than that basketball hoop. and the what the fudge is up with that "blarney stone"? weirdest thing i've seen so far in this town. Skip you didn't post a pic of the skid i left in the middle of the office floor.

-Skiddy

Looks like yall had fun....great looking bikes! :D

I keep my Elgin up here at work and go for blasts around the neighborhood during the afternoon.

What is it that you all do there in that lab of yours?

Skip uses the lab for new product development, and FAA qualifications. Bob does the same - he is going to be taking over the qual testing end of things. I'm the draftsman here. We make transformers, leads, connectors for the airport runway industry and for the ship yard welding industry, among a few other things.

we were discussing making a locking rack here so we can leave some bikes here.

just remember if you kiss the blarney stone use a mouth rubber.lol Its better safe than sorry. The album cover rocks you guys look like a hard core rocknroll band 8)

We do lots of cool stuff in the lab. Heat up water to 65 degrees C for soaking samples. Charge them with 15,000 volts to check their insulation resistance. Have the FAA wander in and watch us test it all. Run transformers until they are hotter than they are supposed to be and then charge them to that same 15,000. being sure not to touch the leads of course. :wink: I've gotten myself with it a few times. luckily it's only about 2 milli-amps. still kinda wakes you up tough. :shock: We also design and construct prototypes for new products and the tooling needed.

We also make some time to work on bike parts occasionally.

i like those prewar frames! our local bike trai/greenway is a great for that kind of ride, what a way to spend an hour (or so) :D

You suck! You forgot to invite me! I had a half day due to conferences this week. I coulda blasted down to join ya's. BAH! Great pics though and of course I know you guys did lay down some rubba! Only thing about a day ride and going back to work is the issue of a local watering hole, hmmmm. :shock: 8)

Joe

... you say the city park near Broad St. prolly isn't safe after dark, judging by the picture you sent with the three hooligans I'd say it's not safe durig the daylight hours either! LOL. Great pics Skip!

Looking at Ian's bike with the drop bars how's his back doing...?

Clark

Sorry Joe. :oops:

It was painful returning to work. Especially since from the park I could see the watering hole Ian and I frequent. Luckily it was not open yet, so I got to go back to work.

Had a great time with Ian and Skip at lunch. The weather was good and the ride was nice. We are pretty fortunate where we work that we can get out and do that. I'm sure we'll do it again hopefully soon. Great pics Skip. I love the last one. Definitely album cover.

It's supposed to be warm tomorrow with a 20% chance of rain. Ian and I will have our bikes at work and will go for a ride at lunchtime. This is your official invite Joe. 8)

Wow, I have a half day tomorrow, but i don't get out until 12:45 and then the drive to Meriden and then I gotta pick the kids up, (beat head against the wall) Wish I could go! Thanks for the invite though! Maybe next time! Have fun and take lots of pics - especially the ones that go on the front of record albums! Remember those!

Joe

By that time I will be in Sunny Florida in shorts and a T-shirt sipping vodka martini's and not thinking about school kids for a week! Bon Voyage on Friday morning!

Will keep my eyes out for pics!

thatismytruck said:
We might ride on Thursday and Friday too!!!

Back