Lucky Lady

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's slicker than owl poop!

Thanks guys! I'm having a problem finding that green in a spray bomb.
Are you looking for the green in a metal flake? If so, go to rothmetalflake.com they have spray bomb metal flake in two shades of green. This stuff works great but kinda pricey.

Not the greens but a couple other colors I have. The Gang Green flake has a little silver in it while the Sublime Green has gold flake in it. Your seat looks to have silver and not gold in it so I would go with the Gang Green. It works great but if you're planing on painting a lot of stuff it would be cheaper just to buy paint, flake and clear and use a spray gun.

Just a reminder, you still need to lay down a base coat of green before you paint the metal flake, either in spray bomb or spray gun. Go to this page http://www.rothmetalflake.com/manual/manual.html for the instructions on using the Roth Rattle Bombs.

If you're looking for a big flake in your paint the Roth Rattle Bomb won't do it. It has a larger metallic in it than any other paints I've seen and it sparkles nicely but you will not get that huge metal flake look. It will also cost you over $100 bucks just to spray bomb a bike. For a hundred bucks I bought enough paint to paint multiple bikes. I guess what I'm saying is, if you don't have the equipment to paint with a spray gun and you're willing to spend at least $100 dollars than Roth Metal Flake is perfect. It's worth trying.

Well it's a race to the finish line now!

I decided to move away from the bare steel look, so I started priming some of the parts that are ready.

The sprocket is going to be similar to what I did last year. I like that 60's mag look.

So I sandblasted the chrome in the center to create that cast aluminum look.

I think I'm in trouble, I'm still messing with the chainguard.

I want it to fit better with the fender.

And I've decided to try to get the horn tank to fit better with the head badge cover thingy.

So I guess there will be some bondo on this RatRod Bike.

Sounds a bit like the old "Little caulk, little paint, makes a carpenter what he ain't..." makes my helpers laugh every time I pull that one out... my other favorite is "caulk comes in all widths"... I guess that bondo does too! No worries tho, the "pros" use it all the time. As long as you're not filling gaping rust holes with it, bondo is a fine "smoother outer".

Carl.

I really like the steel rod trim you added to the tank!!

I'm still working on trying to finish the LuckyLady!
I decided to make the front fender a little short and eliminate the front brace.

I've also figured out the headlight too.

There will be (2) white lights and a smaller little green light in the middle.
And I put the tires on the wheels.

I really like a wide whitewall on a black rim!

WOW, it's all over. It feels funny not to have finished my BONINE Lucky Lady. I had way to much going on at work and home in the last month, I barely touched it in the last two weeks. I have to finish it, not sure if I should continue posting here or start a new thread in the BUILDS section. You will eventually see a finished bike, my wife is counting on it!

Latest posts

Back