Loving cruisers in Tampa, FL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking this site. Lots of cool information to be had and I'm like a sponge.

I'm brand new to the beach cruiser / rat rod lifestyle, or scene, really basically just owning one.

I've loved bikes my whole life. There's something special about just getting out and riding that I guess we all kinda share in one form or another. I'll ride any bike....I like bmx's and mountain bikes for exercise. I'm riding with my second grader back and forth to school every day now and since it's a short ride, why not do it in style. In my search for a bike to buy, I had run across this site and y'all have opened my eyes to what's out there.

I'm quite possibly one of the least mechanical people on here.....after years of paying professionals more to undo messes I've made trying to DIY, I usually just pay to have stuff done now.....but i look forward to learning and jumping into this new hobby.

My search went from Walmart to Micargi (i know i know) to Nirve to Electra, etc. I was most likely going to go wal-mart Schwinn / Huffy route since I'm not a rich man....I ended up getting a free bike from my brother who had it sitting in his garage, unused for over a year.
vpukg1.jpg

I removed the stickers, cleaned it up a bit, and got some Nirve 15" apes. Put them on today.

2dmef4.jpg

I was really surprised that it handled much better than stock......figured I'd be giving up handling for aesthetics, but it was the other way around....SCORE! What's next? not sure.....toying with painting options.....or stickers.....but we'll see.

Thanks for having me, I hope to learn alot from all y'all!

And oh yeah just north of Tampa, FL. If you're familiar with the area it's Pasco County / New Port Richey.

Back