Lost a friend the other day.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a friend diagnosed with cancer just in July. It took him this Saturday and the funeral was Tuesday. I know that my friend was a Christian I know that he knew God and will be in Heaven. I know that he is no longer hurting, and that he was at peace even before he passed. It was wonderful that he had time before he passed.
It still hurts.
This I know. God, and Gods grace, plus time will heal my hurt.
His wife so loved him.
Have you ever met someone and admired them because of who and what they were. I meet a few people now and then and they touch me because of who they are and what they stand for. He was one of those people for me.
It has been a blue day today. My heart hasn't been this heavy in a long time.

It's not the heavyness that comes from being angry that he died. It's more of a Im going to miss the guy. An every time I see his wife I know Im going to think of him and it's going to be tuff. That is just part of it. That is the grieving process I guess.
Thanks for reading my rant.

My friend had an assurance of what would happen to him after he dies. He had an assurance that his family would be taken care of. If anyone ever wants to know about this assurance, just pm me and we can chat.

JT
Link to his wifes blog of the process of inoperable cancer..
http://steverwarren.blogspot.com/

Death of a friend is never easy. My best friend died 5 years ago and I still miss him..He was like a brother to me. Hang in there. It may take awhile but time supposedly heals all wounds. Mark

I lost all my siblings and both parents, in my 30's. It was the prayers, of people, praying for ME, that got me through. My prayers today, are for you, and his family..<{{{><

sorry to hear about your loss...i know what youre going through my wifes father passed away 2 saturdays ago(i only knew him for 10 years but he was more of a father to me than mine ever was and always willing to try and teach me things) :cry:
the only thing i can say is remember the good times and be glad you had them together and know that hes not suffering anymore...

Thanks guys, Im already recovering enough to to call the day good...

Back