Los Angeles bike shops

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sittin' in my beanbag, nekked, eatin' Cheetos
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I'm going to be in LA on vacation from Australia for a week and hope to visit a few bike shops and go home with some parts that are difficult to find and overpriced in OZ. All we see here in Oz is mountain bikes and roadracers so even the most basic stuff for cruisers and lowriders are rare as hens teeth and priced like they are made of pure gold.
Would greatly appreciate some lead on shops that have good prices on springer forks, apes, banana seats/sissy bars and even ordinary stuff like grips, cruiser saddles, coloured chains and whitewall tires and vintage style lights, pedals etc.
I will not have much spare time so the more I can plan before I get there the better, so any leads will help.

Thanks

You might want to make you trip coincide with the cycle swap in long beach, look at
toppingevents.com for info. Also maybe you can find some one that can receive parts for you then you can buy stuff on eBay and ship it to their house, when you get here just pack it up and ship it home. Also check thecabe.com for classifieds.

Talk to chimichanga on this forum. He sells or can get most of the stuff u mention. The Hub is a fun place to browse for used stuff. Its a nonprofit with limited hours but u never know what u might find. Both in long beach

If you come south at all to Orange County (think like Disneyland) you might want to look at Linda's Bike Shop in Stanton and Mode Bikes in Costa Mesa.

Linda has a lot of vintage stuff but she knows what it's worth. I never leave there feeling I got a deal but she does have tons of parts and some complete bikes.

Mode does a lot of custom stuff.

DaBigKahuna said:
If you come south at all to Orange County (think like Disneyland) you might want to look at Linda's Bike Shop in Stanton and Mode Bikes in Costa Mesa.

Linda has a lot of vintage stuff but she knows what it's worth. I never leave there feeling I got a deal but she does have tons of parts and some complete bikes.

Mode does a lot of custom stuff.
Just buyer beware there.All I'm going to say is i did not have a great experience at that shop.

I agree with chimi, but there is alot of cool stuff to look at :shock:

Back