Looking forward to RRBBO#8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kingfish254 said:
Especially with a motorized prop on the back
It is anything goes this year! How about an amphibious bicycle!

outskirtscustoms said:
kingfish254 said:
Especially with a motorized prop on the back
It is anything goes this year! How about an amphibious bicycle!
amphibious-bicycle_zpsc9284d11.jpg

The Renaissance Man said:
Is that Der Fuhrer? :lol:
Hows the crank connected to the chain ring? Looks like a cool idea for moving the chain out for a wide rear wheel.

The drive side crank arm is "U" shaped with the pedal pivoting on the flat part of the crank arm which acts as the pedal axle. So on the down stroke your foot is down in the crank, do you see it? It's like a camshaft. I can imagine lots of flex in that design.

Hows the crank connected to the chain ring? Looks like a cool idea for moving the chain out for a wide rear wheel.

As a friend told me, that type of mustache was widely used before, but Adolf ruined that too for all of us. :roll:
Even thou that is a cool looking bike, I can imagine way aren't much of those around, it´s impractical as he$$!

Just 5 weeks left till the build off begins! Get your parts ready, dust off the work bench, and get ready for the madness!

I say go for the moto bike! Make a custom stretched swing arm and make a hill climb style bike.
Hill-Climbing_13.jpg

Or make a bigger swing arm and fork and put 24x3's on it!

Kind of what I had in mind except not a hill climber. I'm thinking longer (but not that long) swing arm and 24" wheels. Basically an adult version of the Motobike with cantilever brakes and 21 speed gearing. Should make the Motobike purists cringe, but I wont be altering the frame. :mrgreen:

Kind of what I had in mind except not a hill climber. I'm thinking longer (but not that long) swing arm and 24" wheels. Basically an adult version of the Motobike with cantilever brakes and 21 speed gearing. Should make the Motobike purists cringe, but I wont be altering the frame. :mrgreen:

I always say if you make the purists cry you have done well. Bikes are meant to be fun chop away!

oh, man. you guys are all geared up.
i've been so buzy with my motorsickle lately(and i will be for the next month or 2 to make it runnin for summer) that i've really aint put much thought into any builds anytime soon.
that's kinda true :wink: i do look at and think about the the 3 or 4(or 5 or 6) bike projects i have put aside.
i think/hope i'll figure it out by summer.

the crank is kind of like a crank shaft on a twin cylinder, reminds me of those old hand drills sort of ...

15736491-red-hand-drill-isolated.jpg

Well boys, looks like I'll just be a spectator in the build off this year :wink: Don't have room for another bike, so I'll just tinker with what I have :mrgreen:

Have fun! :D

Been thinking more about the Motobike and how to approach the build.

I'm thinking of paying homage to the Yamaha YZ bikes. Those bikes where at the top of my wish list in the 70's. Being that it's a Yamaha in the first place, it would seem very appropriate. Obviously, I will have to take some liberties with the design, but in the end I believe that I can capture the essence of the YZ.

I'm sure that building this type of bike would put me out of any hopes of placing very high in the competition, but as I have seen stated before, the real prize is the bike itself!

Here's an example found at vitalmx.com:
6076236201_6def4d2a74_o.jpg

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Well boys, looks like I'll just be a spectator in the build off this year :wink: Don't have room for another bike, so I'll just tinker with what I have :mrgreen:

Have fun! :D

Go to the store and get one of those little trick bike toys and modify it, it won't pass the "must be rideable" rule, but you can play along!

Back