Long time lurker...1st time poster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all....

Joining up as this seems to be the right place for the type of bike projects I'll be doing! We, my 2 boys & I, picked up a couple Schwinns from a neighbor recently; a '69 Stingray & a 64 or 65 Fairlady. Both in ridable condition. The Stingray has the wrong seat on it but thats not a big deal. The Fairlady is 100% original. Got both of them for $7. Then I picked up '62 Fleet for myself for free. its missing the front fender & a back tire. The person I got the Fleet from threw in a 40's or 50's Hawthorne 26" womens bike thats original & ridable.

Anyway......looking forward to posting pics of our projects in the near future!

Thanks! My boys and I are going to do total restorations w/ some custom and personal touches on our bikes. This way we'll learn the ins & outs of a bike and how to work on them "properly". Our goal is to enter them into the 4-H County Fair next year.

Welcome :D Sounds like you got yourself some sweet deals on your bikes :wink: Got any pictures :?:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Welcome :D Sounds like you got yourself some sweet deals on your bikes :wink: Got any pictures :?:
I do of the Fleet & Hawthorne, but not of the StingRay or Fairlady. I havent figured out or read up on how to post pics yet.

Back