Long Black Train...Video pg. 5

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Long Black Train

Road Master said:
OK, First - what is wrong with that critter in the background of the last pic? Second - I can't believe you had the cajones to cut a slot in a Schwinn Tank! Third - I'm so gonna steal that grid over the headlight idea - seriously, consider it stolen! Great lookin build! Robert
That critter is Zorro... my little Jack Russell and he's chillin'.
That tank is a repop and is what I call "not of Schwinn quality". It has taken many hours and will need several more to make it fit correctly.
I like the light grill too. It came from a Honda 4 wheeler and I did the old Harbor Freight LED flashlight up grade.

Circa Cycles said:
Sweet ride!I was going to use that Columbia chainguard on my build but decided against it.I like the louvers on yours and it looks great with that tank.The bars are really cool as well.I will watch this build closely for ideas on future builds.Keep up the great work :wink: Looks great :!:
I got that chain guard for $10 bucks at a flea market and made the little indentions into louvers to go with the louvers in the tank and rear rack ...plus the wing embossing design goes with the tank's wing embossing. Just seemed like it was meant to be.
The bars are again 4 wheeler that I am mounting directly to the springer.

That's exactly what I was thinking about the tank/guard match.I was hoping for the same outcome with mine but don't think it's right for my build without a lot of mods.Yours looks perfect.Those bars give the bike a great stance 8) 8)

Re: Long Black Train 1st mock up

menzorro said:
Finally made myself stop building and take some photos.
LBTSchwinnmockup001.jpg

LBTSchwinnmockup008.jpg

LBTSchwinnmockup006.jpg

LBTSchwinnmockup005.jpg

LBTSchwinnmockup004.jpg

LBTSchwinnmockup002.jpg

see if this helps.

That bike just flows beautifully!!!
Great work!!

I already have used my votes! Dang and I didn't include myself yet! You Ratters worrying about rules-ya should have asked for 5 votes! Dang this bike is HOTT!!

Love the bike, absolutely, don't change a thing... well, you might need a drivetrain, but otherwise... well, possibly a seat, but anyway, LOVE IT!

I agree, the parts just REALLY work well together.

Question, how are the handlebars mounted? I couldn't tell from the photos, looks uber cool!

P.S. I wouldn't worry too much about cutting up the repop tank, I plan on mutiliating one soon myself... :mrgreen:

Build on bro!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I agree, the parts just REALLY work well together.

Question, how are the handlebars mounted? I couldn't tell from the photos, looks uber cool!

P.S. I wouldn't worry too much about cutting up the repop tank, I plan on mutiliating one soon myself... :mrgreen:

Build on bro!

Cheers,
Dr. T
The handle bars are now mounted with cable ties. I drew up a plan for the mount but it will be a week and a half before I can fabricate it.
I thought someone would comment on my cutting the spaceliner rear rack....I guess they aren't as pricey as Schwinn stuff.
This next week I'll be working on the seat. More pictures to come as I complete things.
Thanks to all who took time to view my build (I know it's tough to keep up with the 150 or so builds).

My kinda ride.................................nice!

Back