Local Ad Find BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this in local Ad Pad. Not bad for $25. I do have one problem with it. Went to put new tires on and the rear axle is stripped on one side and starting on other side. What do I need to fix?

2013052520_29_09-vi.jpg

I bet some one used the the wrong pitch bolts on the axle. You need a replacement axle, find a donor bike or rear wheel and change it out. You might have to pull the free wheel also.

What do you need to fix? Find a Bratz lowrider donor bike and save the mags for something else... :mrgreen:

These frames are weak as a BMX because of the single seat stay only construction, but it makes a killer low rider.

image-116.jpg

I'd hate to lose my freewheel on them.

Never knew they made a Bratz Lowrider. Are they hard to find?

wildrice said:
I'd hate to lose my freewheel on them.

Never knew they made a Bratz Lowrider. Are they hard to find?

Not at all, they are the purple ones with stars. like this but with whitewalls and multi spoke wheels. I have had 3 in the last year.

P9100129.jpg

those Bratz bikes are drying up - I used to get em around here for 10-25 bucks, now ppl want 100 + for rusty ones.

not as bad a bike as the reputation they get, either, nice frames, goofy lowrider forks, nice long seat pans. great custom muscle bike fodder.

The Z-force does look neat as a lowrider though, nice conversion.

Green Dragon said:
those Bratz bikes are drying up - I used to get em around here for 10-25 bucks, now ppl want 100 + for rusty ones.

not as bad a bike as the reputation they get, either, nice frames, goofy lowrider forks, nice long seat pans. great custom muscle bike fodder.

The Z-force does look neat as a lowrider though, nice conversion.

Thanks, I see people asking crazy money for stuff every day too but if you're patient you can still find them once in a while at the goodwill, salvation army thrift store, garage sales, and auctions. On mine I used wheels from some other Next Walmart bike just so I could use the freewheel (and it's what was at the scrapyard cheap at the time I got the Zforce) It looked even better slammed, If I hadn't have sold it I was going to get a longer fork crown and lay it out like this:

image-92.jpg

Back