Let's see your BMX Rat Rod!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this was my take on one I suppose that I did for a nephew several years ago.
1.jpg

This might not be what you're looking for, but I did save a '99 Dyno Zone from the scrapper and did a "Muscle Bike" theme. I call it "What If" Dyno had built "Muscle Bikes".

This is a picture of what a '99 Dyno Zone should look like. The one I saved wasn't quite complete.

These pictures are how my build turned out. Hope this inspires you. Have fun with your build!

I was going for a "Gasser"/"AFX" look

Last edited:
@ LukeTheJoker ,bigred407, & Bicycle808

Thank You, for the positive feedback.
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. All I really did was try to emulate the "Muscle Bikes" of my youth back in the mid 60's

This is the bike I hoped to enter Build Off#9 with but I needed a few more decals and a sissy bar to go with my bread loaf seat. I also would've liked white grips like the original Thunder Stars had.

hybyzyze.jpg

My Felt Cruiser, formerly a King Pin, is my modernized adult version of a Thunder Star like the one I had as a kid. It was my first bike but not my favorite one.

Where do people get those swooping back bmx bars (like above)?

Not sure about those particular type bars but you can get the bars on the Huffy Regatta from Pacific Cycle. Other members have mentioned they have a cool shape and I feel the same way. Sort of a cruiser and BMX mash-up style. Here are a couple of pics of my Regatta with mentioned bars. My pics are not the best angles but I'm sure better pics can be found of them online.

003.JPG

004.JPG

Back