lets see those old school / custom shifters.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HippieKruiser said:
fine tuned rear hub and changed shifter:

535832_390391050996768_1123884374_n.jpg

Can you blow it up for me?
I remember trying this out a few years ago but couldnt find a way out since its all plastic and couldnt find a way to properly join a steel lever to it.
keep in mind that if its not weldable im a retard so you might wanna explain it slowly :)
also, the mechanism was broke somehwere, ill look at it later today.
and thanx

bonez said:
Can you blow it up for me?
I remember trying this out a few years ago but couldnt find a way out since its all plastic and couldnt find a way to properly join a steel lever to it.
keep in mind that if its not weldable im a retard so you might wanna explain it slowly :)
also, the mechanism was broke somehwere, ill look at it later today.
and thanx
It's quite simple!
I've deleted rubber grip from the shifter, cutted off plastic ears that were holding the grip, just left four of them, then putted 31,4mm seatpost clamp so that the gap which holds the bolt was right above these ears. Then inserted the stem that hols the mirror (as seen on a picture) and screwed with 2 M8 nuts. Then used threaded ahead stem for mounting the shifter on a seatpost instead of seatpost clamp.

That's it!

Here is the old muscle bike 5 speed twin tube shifter that I used on BO7 Flex-Liner 7 with a Nexus 7 hub. All I had to do to make it work was break off the high gear detent tab. It shifts like a dream. I added a mini 7 pool ball drawer pull knob. I also added a label that shows the available speed ranges MACH - WARP - LUDICROUS - 11

aIMG_8010.jpg

aIMG_8120.jpg

I love the shifter and WHOA lever that you put on BonniRocket!!!

My cruiser needed a new grip shifter, so I thought I would take a shot at a stick shifter. Still have some cosmetic work to do on the mounting bracket.
stik467all.jpg

stik464cap-1.jpg

stik469bend.jpg

I plan to dissassemble the shifter so I can invert the bracket and paint it. I could take some pics showing how I mounted the grip shifter to the frame, if that is what you are looking for. All my gadgets are made from stuff I have laying about in the garage.

7179429929_89134b87b9_b.jpg

I hooked up my shifter to work as my throttle on my electric stingray
7179430875_74f9e7fe93_b.jpg

I had to do some adjustment to the way it works on the inside, because I needed it to power on when I pulled the shifter back, and stop when I push forward. It didnt give me enough reach to power all the way, so I had to do some more adjusting on the inside, but it works great now!

Back