lets see those bedroom bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man.. thats too much. Its really unique in frame shape. I bet its a wonderland to take apart and reassemble.. Great photography as well, steady and clear. Its interesting it has a double footed kicker, but somehow, based on the wheel choice [again very awesome] makes the kicker feel right.
Looks like its a real joy to tinker with.

FZ

With the shifter (an old boat throttle lever) under the seat, the frame splits in two without any cables to get in the way. It is rarely disassembled, though - with a quick-release on the seatpost clamp, it gets small enough to stow in the back of the car without breaking it down completely.

Thats excellent. I can fit my 24" Murray in the back seat with the front wheel off, but without much give.
I've only ever traveled with one of my bikes one time, and that was this past Christmas, to Ma. I never thought Id end up wanting to have one with me so frequently, but Im too attached not to have one of my two at all times :p

FZ

This YALE is saweeeeeeeet! I love Brooks saddles, especially the b-52..but It feels really out of place here.. I wonder if the guy had you build it just to see what it would be assembled.. I love the meatyness of it all..it looks so .. so... BEEFY.:praise:
It has a different seat now but that is not a Brooks.

- by Gigmata

This YALE is saweeeeeeeet! I love Brooks saddles, especially the b-52..but It feels really out of place here.. I wonder if the guy had you build it just to see what it would be assembled.. I love the meatyness of it all..it looks so .. so... BEEFY.:praise:
Hey FZ,
The seat isn't a Brook's saddle. I didn't know Brook's offered something similar. I have put this bike up for sale on eBay under my name: gigmata

If I had the dough, brother..There wouldnt be a discussion, Id have slammed it. ;)

does painting a bike in the bedroom count?

we don't use either of the two bedrooms upstairs here.. so I claimed the worst one for winter paintjobs ;)

Hahaha, I thought I was the only one hanging frames and forks in the bedroom. I don't paint them in it though, I just bring them in at night to avoid people bumping into them in the garage during the drying period.

Back