Lerun Skate Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a Lerun skatebike oh probably about 15 years ago at a garage sale.

It was in alright shape but I never really did anything with it. A few days ago, I pulled it out of storage and figured I'd try to get it ridable.

The first thing that needs to be fixed is the rear wheel. It's a 12.5" plastic mag wheel. How is that gonna be for strength? I'd hate to get on it and break it. Would I be better off getting a spoked wheel for it?

Next, I'll need a tube and tire for it. Who carries them?

Thanks

Lots of small kid's scooters and bikes use that size, I also have a kid's electric scooter setup that would bolt right in there nice. I also have a few of these tires laying around if you need a few they are slick tread rather than the original knobby type. I also have the original knobby off of mine.

Outskirtcustom is right. This is the size of little kids bikes. I have oodles of those here with or without the coaster brake. It should be fairly easy to get it from a kid bike in a garage sale for a few dollars. The hardest is to find a good tire as the kids like to skid.
Have fun getting your skate bike running.

Thanks Guys!

Outskirts... I'd like to get one of those slick tires... PM me with details.

What's the strength of those plastic mags vs. a spoked wheel?

Back