lemme see your dragsters

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this image as inspiration at the moment. I'd love to see what others have done in the spirit of drag bikes...

dragster_zps1094092b.jpg

This was my RRBO6 build "Bad Apple". I was going for a drag bike look. 60's spaceliner, started out like this:

swapmeetbikes003.jpg

Ended up with this:

finished010.jpg

finished001.jpg

I have been thinking along these lines for a while, could not figure how to make it comfortable to pedal while lying down like that, so I designed one more like a dragster car... Still needs some design work but should look good... Might build it one day...

DSC00211 by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr
It would need a football oval to turn around, just like a real dragster.

Luke.

Might be interested in a dragster build off later in the year a bit if anyone else was in...

Luke The Joker- for the record, I get that football oval remark. It might go unnoticed except I am fluent in all kinds of different English...

Dragster build off??? I might be in... I have some bikes coming my way soon that need some chopping.

A buddy of mine has a computerized plasma cutter, he let me use it to cut them out of 1/4" steel. Kind of overkill, but we didn't have any 3/16" on hand. They are definately heavy duty!

Pedro said:
Luke The Joker- for the record, I get that football oval remark. It might go unnoticed except I am fluent in all kinds of different English...

Dragster build off??? I might be in... I have some bikes coming my way soon that need some chopping.
Oops! I meant football field! Is that better? :mrgreen:

A dragster build off might be fun if we could get enough interest going... Hint, hint, to anyone reading this... :wink:

Luke.

Is that a Bratz Bike frame & fork? If it is, that's one of the best use for one I have seen yet! 8)

here's my other dragster.
this is a Giant Stilletto chopper.
it;s pretty much stock except i added a 700 c front wheel with a skinny ... road bike tire.
I added a big slick to the rear.
I mounted a stick shifter to the top bar of the frame, and cut a slot in the fake gas tank for the shifter to come up through.
I put on a set of billit grips, polished up a set of aluminum drag bars, and painted the gas tank and fender with gold laquer.
chopper4.jpg

chopper3.jpg

chopper2.jpg

chopper1.jpg

Latest posts

Back