Leftover Special DONE!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the leftover part comes from the frame was originally a cantilever frame and the two small backbone tubes were cut off it by a friend of mine to use on his project. I took what was left and made the rest. Also, the only new parts on the bike are the tires, spokes, chain, front sprocket, headset, handle bars, and the seat cover. Everything else is a used part off another bike that I either painted or polished. The chain guard was actually rusted when I got it which is why the backside is painted as I couldn't get it polished back out. The rear wheel cover is off a Schwinn exercise bike and I made some 10-24 studs and used acorn nuts to hold it on and painted the center green.

All the fender braces are hand made (without a tubing bender) the back bone was made with a conduit bender, and the rear fork is original turned upside down. The extension was made from a 1" pipe nipple and two 3/4'" tubes. The seat post is the original just moved and leaned back. I dont remember what the fenders came from but they had the pop riveted braces so all those holes were welded and filled not to mention the dents. :roll:

I did have some progress pics of it more in bare metal but they got lost during a hard drive failure. I got busy doing all the metal work and finishing work I sorta forgot to take pictures.

Latest posts

Back