Leather Banana Seats Custom Made

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Any one made a leather banana seat, wondered how it came out. We made a couple for our bikes, and one for a friend. The seats look good and are comfortable. # 1 Thanks BD
bikes042.jpg

I recovered mine with leather. Used 2 kinds of padding. It's even comfy for my fat old butt now. Gary
DSC03859.jpg

DSC03852.jpg

DSC03459.jpg

DSC03858.jpg

Nice job !!! very cool seat you made. We made three so far 2 beige on dark grey, Very cool nice job. We put even more padding these are really cool will post pics tonight. The leather i used is for high end luxury car seats. Super soft lots of work. Thanks MB

I am the Friend that Mad Brad speaks of. He does nice work, I had close-ups but can't find them right now. I did find this one of the seat on my Old school Stingray Chopper, Check it out!
e05dbf154fe7dfa4cc50c2a40678b3f0.jpg

bikes033-1.jpg
The seats are very cool and comfortable. Flip side the material is expensive and a pain to stretch. We need pans to make more seats, colors are black, beige, almond, dark grey. Very limited for now. Cliff provided a seat for his and he had a mint pan and his seat is #3. The one in the picture is the 1st. Ciffs is better. Thanks for all the help. Cliff i got the pics down, could you teach me to type and punctuate, spell. Thanks MB
GREYLEATHERSEAT.jpg
Grey seat # 2 is not finished in photo about 80 percent

The new toy, Love that bike, missed my 51,59 Phantoms had a 51 black, 59 red originals. Saw a friend put it up for sale had to get it. Now trying to get some parts, info, Brad

CRASH said:
but did you use Corinthian leather?

....and did Ricardo Montalban lend his endorsement? :mrgreen:

Seats look really nice! 8)

I do roll my tongue, when making the seats. I do not drive a cordoba!!!!! funny, they are about a hundred bucks im doing them sp-ord MB

I was all over that bike, my gut was telling me to try and get it. Im glad Cliff did not sell it before i could see it. Thanks MB

Yup, made one so far. I had tossed a Sting-Ray banana seat into the woods, then decided a few months later to use it (pretty rotted away by then) , put a mound of cotten balls all over it, then plastered it in duck tape and called it a day. Hey, if its a RAT it don't gotta look pretty, just needs ta run! 8)

B607 said:
I recovered mine with leather. Used 2 kinds of padding. It's even comfy for my fat old butt now. Gary
DSC03852.jpg

That bike is great - killer look. more details ? Looks like a Schwinn frame and springer but what's the tank off, etc ?

Nice mix of rat and muscle.

Green Dragon said:
That bike is great - killer look. more details ? Looks like a Schwinn frame and springer but what's the tank off, etc ?
Nice mix of rat and muscle.

Thanks! The frame and tank are from a '67 Fleet. Front tire, pedals, and sissy bar (I think) are non-Schwinn parts. Everything else is total Schwinn. I just made a deal to sell it so it looks like it's getting a new home in Indiana. 8) Gary

Back