Late sixty's Western Flyer Tandem

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A older lady came in the shop the other day and said she had a old bike hanging in her shed and she wanted to get rid of it because it was taking up to much space and she was tired of hitting her head on it every time she went into the shed. I told her that i would stop by and take a look and see what i could do. This is what it was. Can't beat the price. FREE

DSCN0189.jpg

DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0191.jpg

Chop it and make a stretch cruiser :D !

that kills me! Coach J finds all his cool, cheap (i.e. free) stuff in the midwest. I have a couple of freebies, but they are girl bikes or bmx parts bikes. Wow, a tandem for free, that's awesome.

jeff

freeebie, zip, zilch.....NADA!

very nice, good shape. you could chop it, rat it or leave it alone but i like your idea. but im not going to say anything i think it being a surprise for later would be cool. "tandem pub crawl"

Lovely bike. I wish mine was in such nice shape. I recently did a quick coat of red on the rims and threw on some WWs. I'll post a pic soon. My daughter and I have put a few miles on ours and really enjoy it. People often comment on these cantilever framed tandems.

Nice bike, I've never really seen a cantilever tandem before. The frame looks alot like a Dyno stretch cruiser with a few extra tubes added. This could be one VERY cool tandem! (not that it's not already cool though)

I've got big plans for this, and no i'm not going to chop it. I will post some pictures when I get it mocked up. Just wait.

How about a total detail job....some fat white walls.... 2 sets of ape hangers....a springer up front and some white seats. :mrgreen:

Yes on the apes, I'm thinking dyno fireballs for the tires 3". I'm not sure on a springer or triple tree fork. You just have to wait and see.

Latest posts

Back