Late Entry-- Named "DYSLEXIC"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
That's not the name, just an announcement. I'm in, I just couldn't think of anything interesting enough to build until I was on the deck staring at this
082907049.jpg

and it came to me. I'm a minimalist so it'll stay simple. I'm still working out the details but should prove to be an "interesting ride". I've said too much, gotta go spin some wrenches.

Lefty

The crank is long gone(transplanted to my black bike). But your on the right track with the left side drive. I've never even ridden a fixie before that oughtta be interesting. So many ideas, so little time.

Speaking of what type of frame it is. Is there any way to identify a blank frame like this?? There was no chainguard, which would normally give a name. I can't even find any serial numbers, maybe when I strip it of paint. Are there any identifying marks to look for??

Color is the only thing left to decide. One one hand I would like to try something exotic like metal flake, then on the other hand, time and money are against me, so I might have to settle for a plain jane spray. Besides I think the bike will busy enough to make up for the paint. I am leaning toward a burnt orange, but we'll see.

082907037.jpg

082907036.jpg

082907040.jpg

Just a preview, nothing special just your run of the mill schwinn parts.

By the way, it has been named "DYSLEXIC"

Lefty

there is no way to really tell the model but if you check the serial number you can find the year and see what models were available that year
it had a chrome fork crown so it wasnt the cheap model
and it was a coaster brake bike so it wasnt the most expensive
well thats if the fork was original
cool bike to build!

A Schwinner !!!

Alrighgty then another Schwinn! Good luck and happy building dude! Later & PEACE!!!!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back