Lake Pepin Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went on the Lake Pepin Ride on the weekend of May 17th. A 2 day ride from Red Wing, Minn to Wabasha, Minn and back. The ride is done on English 3 speed bicycles and in 1930 to 1950's tweed or English outfits. There were about 80 riders. I did it on my 1954 Vulcan, while the oldest bicycle was a 1916 Raleigh with a crossed frame that was made for the roads of Ireland.
IMG_1891.jpg

Vulcan
IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

There is a limited number of people that can go on the ride at 100. I had to be put on a waiting list for this ride. Info is here at.

http://groups.google.com/group/gentlemancyclist?hl=en

The rules for this ride are simple.
1 No lycra may be worn, only 1900 to 1950's English bicycle riding clothing. Tweeds and nickers etc.
2 Have to use an English bicycle with a Sturmey-Archer 3 (or 4) speed hub.
3 No racing. We averaged 4.2 miles per hour on Saturday. Stopping at bars and ice cream shoppes along the way. Also stopping to see the road side markers and sites along the way.
There is the ABCE ride in the fall. All you need is an English Bicycle for that one. Same speed.

I drove from New York. Other were from Texas, California and Canada. Big group from St. Paul and that area. 5 people from the Chicago area that have started their own English group, BBC (British Bicycles of Chicago)

Flasks are allowed.

Back