* LA ROTOSA *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, this will be my last build at my folks house, I´m moving to my own hut probably in January, and setting my work shop there. So this is a very significant build for me, enjoying every second I spend in there working.

La Rotosa will be my first Rat, rusty and mean, so...
Took the bike a part,

One of the dropouts is gone so will have to replace them

I designed these, home made

And did some mods in the frame, removed all cable holders, chopped the seat post tube, and...

Flipped this section around, grinder will take care of this beautiful welds :D

I have free all day tomorrow, so stay tuned for more chopping :wink:
Thanks for watching!

Re: La Rotosa, last build, first rat...

So nice to see that you've got some spare time to do a little bikebuilding! :) I've seen people cut and flip the whole rear end of a bike, but never just the seatstays, cool idea! I look forward to seeing what more you'll come up with with this build. You're off to a good start with the shape of those dropouts. Keep it coming buddy! :)

oo I am excited to see this one. I love all the other bikes you have done.

Time? What´s that? :lol: I´m sleeping less and disturbing my neighbours at late hours :lol: First time I have no plan in a build, a side I want a rat. This one will be modify depending on my mood and inspiration at the time the grinder reposes in my hand. :shock: :D
Can´t wait for tomorrow to come!!

Thanks for the kind words Motopecane! I´ll do my best not to disappoint you! :wink:

I´m honoured! Steal away! :D

Not as much free time as I hoped for on Saturday :cry: did a little more...

A faux Tank will fill up the void here

Old Dropouts are gone, made room for the new ones, first time I do this, so I don´t know if it´s the right way to do it... we´ll see, right?

This will be a cheap build, planing on getting only two things I need, new crank, and something similar to an ape hanger.
Saw an old episode of Hard Shine, and plans changed a little bit, it will still be a rat, but with some colour. Or not? :mrgreen:

Next on the list:
Finishing and installing dropouts.
Starting the tank.

Stay tuned!

Hay Gdcast check out my Social Deviation build. Did not take long for me to figure out how to use that back end.

Wow, nice we´re starting a tendency!
Although someone probably did it before

Gdcast if you want to make some simple ones....these are pretty easy. Just cut them out and weld to the inside of your tubes. Good start. Glad to see me watching you instead of you watching me. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The frog is optional. :shock:
almost001-1.jpg

Hey Uncle! Thanks for the kind words and inspiration!
Those dropouts are simple and beautiful at the same time. I think it would be a lot less complicated to use yours. I´ll make both and see which ones fit better. :wink: (going out frog hunting tonight too :lol:)

Watching your builds, Galt´s, Big Hit´s and many others made my blood boil for building desire! hehe :lol:
So I thank all of you for that!! :wink:

I think any one of those dropout designs would look good! :) Guess that wasn't vey helpful huh? :mrgreen:

i like the first frog better! :mrgreen:

Yep, I think I´ll aim for simplicity.
I´m sticking with Uncle´s option for the moment.

If you have the ability to cut out intricate ones , then go for it. Those look killer. Nothing wrong with fancy drop outs. They will add to your build. On mine , I'm getting kinda lazy and wanted something simple and quick in case the frame didn't work and I had to trash it. I normally do ones a little fancier. :wink:

This was the hardest rear triangle and drop outs I have built. They almost got me.

gussets009.jpg

Galtbacken said:
I think any one of those dropout designs would look good! :) Guess that wasn't vey helpful huh? :mrgreen:
That was very neutral of you Galtbacken. Your country would be proud. :lol: :lol: :lol:

g-ratter said:
Galtbacken said:
That was very neutral of you Galtbacken. Your country would be proud. :lol: :lol: :lol:

If he were from Swiss maybe, but he is from Sweden, so please Galt, help me decide! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle please stop showing me cool dropouts, I want them all!!! :lol: :lol:
I´m cuting them out with a grinder, so is not too easy but not too hard.
...wanted something simple and quick in case the frame didn't work and I had to trash it.
I still don't trust my welding, many times everything looks good until it cracks (just like in 1929 :lol: ) but in that case I figure I can just cut them out an save them for when my welding improves.
I have some time to give this a good thought, time is scare and some how I keep getting my self into new things, fortunately all fun stuff.
I´m planing big mods here, more and more ideas flowing and can´t wait to attack this Rotosa Mala!!!
Thanks for all contributions and please, keep doing it!

Gdcast said:
g-ratter said:
Galtbacken said:

If he were from Swiss maybe, but he is from Sweden, so please Galt, help me decide! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle please stop showing me cool dropouts, I want them all!!! :lol: :lol:
I´m cuting them out with a grinder, so is not too easy but not too hard.
...wanted something simple and quick in case the frame didn't work and I had to trash it.
I still don't trust my welding, many times everything looks good until it cracks (just like in 1929 :lol: ) but in that case I figure I can just cut them out an save them for when my welding improves.
I have some time to give this a good thought, time is scare and some how I keep getting my self into new things, fortunately all fun stuff.
I´m planing big mods here, more and more ideas flowing and can´t wait to attack this Rotosa Mala!!!
Thanks for all contributions and please, keep doing it!

Ah, but there is more than one smart country in the world. I refer you to this web site.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_neutrality

NEW DROPOUTS!!!

With so many options I almost lost my mind, so, what do I do?
I make another design! :wink:
Not bad for my first dropout ever, uh?
Tomorrow I´ll get the other one done, and if I have the time, I´ll weld´em in!!
Stay well! :wink:

Back