kz400 cafe racer...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
na i got another bike i am doing that too that's a sweet looting bike though gives me some good ideas

:D Looks great! I had one of these many years ago, nice bike! They have a small balancer shaft that sits inside the top of the engine to eliminate vibration, mine snapped and it was a rotten ride till it was fixed!

i am not getting ne spark right now but the battery is fully charged and i pulled the kill switch and checked it nothing wrong with it .. ne idea's would be helpful...

i just can't wait to ride it..

I had nothing but problems with my '79 kz400 ltd, but I found out later it was because I had updated the headlamp to a newer H4 unit, and it was pulling more power than the bike could make, leaving me stranded after I was far away from my starting point. It took a couple years for me to determine the problem. I actually paid several "mechanics" to trouble shoot it and they could never figure it out.

Heres a pic of mine, except with a photo chopped seat, which i later actually replicated.

35i2gzl.jpg

That would sound right to me as well, Hondas, as i remember could run with out a battery once started... but me Kawasakis' would'nt run if the battery failed or was even just a bit run down!

Von Stans, check your coils give them a bat [honestly! :lol:]!

thanx boris i am running my battery back to work to charge it more the light work but i don't think its completely charged ..
i will probably harass you if i have questions with the bike down the road since u r someone that has delt with these bike's b4... i will try the coil thing out tomorrow when its light out.... let you know how it goes

Back