KONA 88 BoardTracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not very "Rat", but given the shortage of cool frames in Australia we have to work with what we have.

I have been checking out the KONA EightyEight at my not so local bike store for a while, and when the price dropped to something I could sort of justify, I grabbed one.

Of course I couldn't leave it stock.

Here is the original (from an add)

normal_Kona_EIGHTYEIGHT.jpg

Here it is with the fenders removed, a set of Fat Franks and a Nexus 3 speed hub laced in.

normal_IMG_0754.jpg

normal_IMG_0751.jpg

normal_IMG_0753_crop.jpg

Not a lot of alterations, as it already had a Brooks Saddle and cool bars + those awesome faux woodgrain wheels.
I am thinking about maybe throwing on a set of springer forks

Halfdone said:
Not very "Rat", but given the shortage of cool frames in Australia we have to work with what we have.

I have been checking out the KONA EightyEight at my not so local bike store for a while, and when the price dropped to something I could sort of justify, I grabbed one.

Of course I couldn't leave it stock.

Here is the original (from an add)

normal_Kona_EIGHTYEIGHT.jpg

Here it is with the fenders removed, a set of Fat Franks and a Nexus 3 speed hub laced in.

normal_IMG_0754.jpg

normal_IMG_0751.jpg

normal_IMG_0753_crop.jpg

Not a lot of alterations, as it already had a Brooks Saddle and cool bars + those awesome faux woodgrain wheels.
thats a good looking bike you have there.

SSG said:
Nice looking bike. Are the Handlebars absolutely massive? or is the frame somewhat on the small side?

Bar are very big. 26" side to side. 8" rise. 14" from goosneck back.

Frame is a normal sized 26". 19" tall seat post, 26" from headstock to seatpost.

About the same size as most 26" mountain bikes.
Bit shorter overall than my Dyno's

kona is a great bike they make a awsome cruiser called the humu­humu­nuku­nuku­āpuaʻa wich is also the state fish of hawaii
awsome ride dude that thing will last forever!
here is a pic of the bike i speak of

2K7_HUMUHUMUHeader.jpg

Halfdone said:
...here it is with the fenders removed, a set of Fat Franks and a Nexus 3 speed hub laced in.

normal_IMG_0754.jpg

So you laced up your own wheel...Awesome!

Latest posts

Back