Klunker # 2 of 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This would be the second of the two projects I bought from onecatahula a few months ago. This one has taken a little more work to get to the "riding" point, and is now back apart in order to do up the frame. It rides VERY nice!

Here it be:

I hope to be putting it back together with a new coat of color within a couple of weeks.

Thanks for reading
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Robertk said:
What size are the front and rear wheels?
Looks like the front is a larger diameter.

Good eye, Robert.
Front is a 700, rear is a 26. This was what was on it at the time I bought it, and I think it may have been part of the "attractiveness" that made me want it. It looks a little different. I have disassembled it and reworked the rear stay bridge(filled with brass) and also filled (brass again) the point where the stays come up to the seat tube at the top.This looks a little more like I think it should and the bridge was a mess - the split in the rear was kind of funky, and needed to be straightened out a bit. The rest of the frame seems pretty solid. I can't wait to get the color on and get it back to rideable again.

Still tossing the color around ... dark green or bright red. My intention from the start was dark green, and I lean a bit further that way - even though green is NOT one of my favorite colors (though if you looked in the shed, you'd think I was lyin'!)

I hope to have this finished before the "taking down" of webshots, though I don't know if I can put anything in there to post any more. Another little irritant! These photos were copied from my post in another newsgroup.

Thank you for reading and looking!
Rat Royale
REC Elsewhere

Back