Kickstand Magazine Update

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
irideiam said:
I don't care if some of you think this is a "dead issue", I'd like to know if anyone who paid for a subscription received issue #10 in the mail yet.

Nope and I even contacted the REI here in Las Vegas and they don't it so everyday after work I still hope that today is the day it comes!!!

Isn't there a ton of info right on this site??? I would think a magazine is the last thing people read these days. I saw a couple issues of the MAG and it's not all that great anyway. Maybe thats why it folded?? That and poor management

I just noticed that they'd redone their site. However, it's just a splash page with a link to contact them for advertising purposes. No content whatsoever, or indeed, even much to tell you what the magazine is about (other than pictures).

irideiam said:
I don't care if some of you think this is a "dead issue", I'd like to know if anyone who paid for a subscription received issue #10 in the mail yet.
I had an email stating the new issue would be mailed out Oct 10 as I recall. I haven't received a copy. I sent an email reply to there's asking about the new issue. I have received no reply...

After all thats gone down, I will not support them (him!) and I do not trust them! dont want to hear anymore of their self rightious blaming or other stuff! No more :!:

Received the following email October 3...

Hello!!

We'll be shipping the newly minted, long time in coming issue 10 of Kickstand Magazine in the next 10 days! We're in great shape for 2013, and we are super cranked about moving forward with getting on a regular schedule with the magazine. Sorry to you all for the gigantic delay in getting out a new issue, but it's been an uphill climb, and we've managed to endure the challenges we faced, and are on track to produce 5 more great issues in the next 12 months!!

Your subscriptions are set to receive six full issues of the magazine! Thanks for your patience and we look forward to bringing you more of the Freewheeling Lifestyle that we love. Please alert us ASAP with any address changes to [email protected]

best,

BKE

Dorian said:
After all thats gone down, I will not support them (him!) and I do not trust them! dont want to hear anymore of their self rightious blaming or other stuff! No more :!:

AMEN TO THAT..NOW HOPEFULLY NO ONE ELSE WILL FALL FOR THIS AGAIN

Ichoptop said:
We quit going to the wednesday rides they put on after this mess. Everytime I saw the guy I wanted to punch him in the mouth.

Whats stopping you..just say oops..i made a mistake smacking you just like you made a mistake by not giving people what they paid you for. Sounds like an even trade to me

if u know where he is every wed nite ...hows about u confront him ...mayb he can give u copys for everyone and u can mail em out !!!! least we would get what we paid for !!! LOL
the guy sounds like a D bag ...mayb he needs a little wack in the head with a tack hammer ... :D

MazdaFlyer said:
Received the following email October 3...

Hello!!

We'll be shipping the newly minted, long time in coming issue 10 of Kickstand Magazine in the next 10 days! We're in great shape for 2013, and we are super cranked about moving forward with getting on a regular schedule with the magazine. Sorry to you all for the gigantic delay in getting out a new issue, but it's been an uphill climb, and we've managed to endure the challenges we faced, and are on track to produce 5 more great issues in the next 12 months!!

Your subscriptions are set to receive six full issues of the magazine! Thanks for your patience and we look forward to bringing you more of the Freewheeling Lifestyle that we love. Please alert us ASAP with any address changes to [email protected]

best,

BKE

So has anyone got the new issue yet since the date on this email was Oct 3 and said in the next 10 days??? I haven't got one yet?!?!?

Well, to be fair, if they did mail the issues out by bulk mail (magazines typically are), and they were sent in the middle of October, we might just start to see them now. Bulk mailing is incredibly slow, it often takes 3-4 weeks for our local club's news letter to reach home mailboxes, and that's within one city's greater area. Based on that, I can understand if the next Kickstand issue didn't show up anywhere for another week or so. However, if we haven't seen anything by Thanksgiving, then I'd suspect that all our suspicions, fears, etc are all justified...

No matter how big his smile, I will not trust kickstand magazine and "him" again! He can't show his face on here anymore, because people stood up to all his reverse blaming and the stuff he spewed at people who questioned his professionalism. Never again with this outfit! Fool me twice....shame on me :(

Looks like I missed out on this sham by being out of the hobby for a while. I went through a similar experience with Jim Hurd almost 20 years ago. :x

I paid for a subscription in September of 2011. I have tried to email multiple times, and also posted on the facebook page. I did get a response on facebook saying that my magazines had been sent to me however they were shipped 3rd class and that the mail carriers have the option to throw 3rd class mail away, and that they have now changed the shipping method. That was in September of 2012. It's now November of 2012 and I still have yet to receive one issue. Your telling me in the last 14 months not one issue has been released? You would think they would at least offer to send some past issues or something...anything!

layflat78 said:
I paid for a subscription in September of 2011. I have tried to email multiple times, and also posted on the facebook page. I did get a response on facebook saying that my magazines had been sent to me however they were shipped 3rd class and that the mail carriers have the option to throw 3rd class mail away, and that they have now changed the shipping method. That was in September of 2012. It's now November of 2012 and I still have yet to receive one issue. Your telling me in the last 14 months not one issue has been released? You would think they would at least offer to send some past issues or something...anything!

The last issue was in October of 2011. So, not quite 14 months, but it probably aligns with the issue that you should've received but didn't. That said, I'll add that its poor business practice to continue to accept subscriptions right up to (or past) the point were you're essentially discontinuing the publication of the magazine. I know, its flogging the dead Equinusian Packbeast, but still. Professionalism is as professionalism does...

expjawa said:
Well, to be fair, if they did mail the issues out by bulk mail (magazines typically are), and they were sent in the middle of October, we might just start to see them now. Bulk mailing is incredibly slow, it often takes 3-4 weeks for our local club's news letter to reach home mailboxes, and that's within one city's greater area. Based on that, I can understand if the next Kickstand issue didn't show up anywhere for another week or so. However, if we haven't seen anything by Thanksgiving, then I'd suspect that all our suspicions, fears, etc are all justified...
Well Thanksgiving Is tomorrow, no magazine...

MazdaFlyer said:
expjawa said:
Well Thanksgiving Is tomorrow, no magazine...
Same here. So much for the benefit of the doubt...

Latest posts

Back